Part 5

Chapter 5

Beside a village in the afternoon, teenage students had gotten reunited with a few adults, that had organized a competition among all the present students. This competition wasn't a regular one, it was one between magicians, which had already obtained their magic powers. It was up to the students to perform anything with their powers to impress the available judges. Just like any competition, they would announce a winner and to their luck, he would get a scholarship for a school of choice. All kids stood side by side listening to the teacher's announcement.

"Eleven students compete against each other in this competition. The rule is simple. Do your best, don't disturb the others, and most important.....no cheating!" Warned the teacher watching the students nod. The teacher snipped with his fingers to obtain glasses on his face, then he took a list from his coat to see the row of the students, that were listed for the competition.

"The first student to begin is Florida," Announced the teacher watching the girl take a step forward, then took from her satchel out a small bag with seeds and took one to plant it into the earth under her feet. She went down on her knees, then began to move her hands over the earth, while the circle observed her on it. From the earth, a small branch grew out, then Florida used her hands to control the growing branch and it began to go around in a circle, going around itself, weaving a ring, similar to one of a basket. The dark-skinned girl began to build her circle up with the branch, beginning to form a small basket, making the teacher smile and notice down the girl's project. After a few minutes, the girl was done with the task, then went down on her knees to break it up gently of the ground, then used her hand again to change the branch into a green blade, which had the head of an unborn flower there. Florida got up and showed the basket to the teacher, then earned an applause from the students.

"Very well, Florida. I'll give you a 5 for that," Commented the teacher." It was quite very ingenious. Next time try a bigger level. I'm sure you're up to it,"

Florida smiled, then watched the teacher look at his list and look towards a raven-haired, muscular teenager.

"Grey. I'd like to see your transformation skills. Are you ready?" Asked the teacher earning a nod from the student. "Alright, I'd like to see you transform into the following animals. Ram, Wolf, Weasel, Horse, Bear, and Deer,"

"You'll be impressed Mr. Merlin," Assured Grey confidently, then closed his eyes and placed his hands openly together to focus on his task. Grey's transformation kicked in and he transformed into a gray and white colored Ram with large, snail house-like shaped horns. Grey landed on his hoofs and bleated. "The-eheh....re you go,"

"Very well," Complimented Mr. Merlin, watching the ram close his eyes and put the front hooves together as if he was praying to activate his transformation turning slowly into a gray-wolf.

"I'm a wolf, I'm gonna a-whooo!" Howled Grey doing a backward salto making the crown clap at the jock's athletic skills, despite being in another body.

"Good, now a weasel," Announced Mr. Merlin watching Grey transform into a White and Gray-Blackish ferret. Grey stood on his hind legs, then moved his snout similar to a rodent, while looking around the students.

"Alright, I don't know, what a weasel does," Confessed Grey making Mr. Merlin shake his head and notice down what he had seen until now.

"Now do a horse," Commented Mr. Merlin watching the ferret put his paws together and sink its head to use his power and grow up while morphing into a large, white horse. Grey puffed and began to tap with his left leg counting the number of times he had transformed yet.

"There you go, Mr. Merlin. I can count as well the times I have transformed. As you see, I managed now to get into another color. White like the snow," Grey said proudly making Mr. Merlin chuckle.