CHAPTER EIGHT

"Don't cry when saying goodbye, because they are mandatory formalities so that you can experience one of the most unique emotions in life: the reunion"

|THE ABSENCE OF HOPE

MORIAR

Jason is dragged into the room, badly beaten.

"Put him on the chair."

They place him in the chair, which traps his hands in the mechanisms of the backrest. The lights in the room flicker, making the man look up nervously. He forcefully throws the small cage that Dianoia had stuck on the table next to Jason.

"What the hell! Didn't they carry the energy until now?"

"Sorry sir, but Ionix's shipment hasn't arrived yet. " one of the others replies.

"And they also ended up wasting a lot of their energy cutting the girl. " continues another.

The one giving the orders crosses his arms dissatisfied.

"Incompetent. Get out! Come on, get out of here!"

After the others left, the man turns to Jason staring at him. The light flashes once more. He pulls the knife out of his clothing, twirling it in his fingers. He is not as strong as his henchmen, on the contrary. But his expression is so grim that it makes up for the lack of muscle, and Jason figures he must always take advantage of trapped victims, just as he is now.

"So boy... he heard he's been giving you trouble and he doesn't want to share his knowledge of how to use a knife. I hope you're not as difficult as that old woman with you."

Jason's eyes widen for a moment, but he recovers and looks back at the man with a lot of hate. He couldn't let him think he was scared.

"Where they are?" he asks, and the man smirks.

He walks over to Jason, looking at the wound on his hand, he approaches the knife almost touching the fabric that still covered his fingers.

"Amazing isn't it? What this blade is capable of. He holds the knife up to the light, admiring the blade as if it were the most precious treasure in the world." Jason sees the glint of madness in those eyes.

He walks away, leaving the knife on the table. Turning to the closet.

"Let's see, which of my little remedies is able to loosen your tongue? " he passes by and points to each vial and pot with his subtle knife, never touching it, until he stops at one, frowning "What is that...? Bloodmoss? Are these idiots going through my stuff?!"

Jason looks at the vial in surprise. The man takes the bottle out of the cupboard with disdain, dropping it on the table anyway and returning his attention to the other "medicines". He hummed, trying to make up his mind. Inside the cage, Dianoia observes the medicine carefully.

"There it is! This one is really good."

The man took a glass filled with reddish earth and put it on the table. He grabs a pair of gloves and pulls them on, smiling the whole time, baring his teeth like he's about to devour Jason. Uncovering the glass, the man holds Jason's injured hand tightly, making him gasp in pain, he then throws dirt over the wound, which immediately begins to burn. Jason screams in pain, his skin feeling like it's eating away from the outside. Jason's vision darkens, and he doesn't know if it's just his sight or if it's the flashing lights again.

"STOP! Please! Leave him alone!" Dianoia screams imploringly, banging against the cage, shaking the metal box.

The man turns to the daemon with full contempt.