CHAPTER NINE

"She is the evil that tried to destroy the cure, coming from a world already lost under their power"

|FRAGMENTS OF THE END

CITTÀGZZE: YEARS AGO

The night was silent, the sky was full of clouds giving weight to the air, a storm was approaching, and the young girl sensed that something was approaching along with her.

It could be said that it was an exaggeration on the part of the young woman to think that a storm was a sign of something bad approaching, but for that specific young woman, it was not.

"Angelica, get out of the window and go down to dinner." her brother calls from the bedroom door.

She looks at him seriously, and he realizes that something was bothering her. He lets go of the doorknob and walks over.

" What's it?"

"Don't you feel something strange in the air, Paolo?"

Paolo looks out the window, frowning.

"Looks like it's going to rain, but what's so big on that?"

The young woman shakes her head.

" There's something wrong."

" Stop it Angelica, they're waiting for us to eat."

"And if they did?"

The boy approached his sister holding her hand.

"There are no more Angelica wraiths, we are no longer in danger." he says gently. This subject was always a delicate one for her, and he always tried to make her understand that they were safe now, even more so after years had passed.

But Angélica never left that thought behind.

"You are all fools, believing those assassins defeated you. " she says dissatisfied with her brother's answer.

And the brother also sighs, tired of having this conversation.

"But they're gone with their coming."

"We should have killed them when we had the chance."

" We were kids, we couldn't do much."

Angelica huffs irritably. Somehow they always end up having the same conversation, with the same arguments. And she wasn't going to change her mind.

"If I saw them again..." she says, her voice full of malice, her face creasing into an expression of hatred.

" Angelica... " Paolo scolds.

" What?! Would you not avenge Tullio?"

"You know it's not like that, but..."

Angelica turns around completely, huffing with rage, returning to face the window. That was the warning that this conversation was over. Her brother sighs, and she hears his footsteps fading away.

"I'll separate a plate for you, when you feel hungry, just go downstairs."

Looking sadly at his sister, Paolo leaves her alone.

Awakening to the loud sound of thunder, Angelica turns away from the windowsill where she ended up falling asleep, looking at the dark street that was completely covered by the heavy rain. Suddenly, she saw a blackened figure run past in the alley. Rubbing her eye, the redhead looks closely to see if she wasn't seeing things. After minutes of absolute nothingness, she gave up that it was nothing and moved away from the window. Her stomach takes the moment to remind her that she hasn't had dinner yet, and hunger sets in. She goes downstairs, heading to the kitchen where she found the plate, wrapped in plastic, that her brother set aside for her. A small smile forms on her lips, because despite their differences, Paolo was still her brother, and he always took care that she was well. When picking up the plate, she heard the sound of something breaking outside the back porch, Angelica immediately stopped what she was doing, becoming completely silent, she slowly approached the back door, opening a crack to look, encountering three men completely dressed in black, in front of the neighboring house. Two of them looked to the sides as if they were watching, while the third forced the door to enter, as soon as he managed to enter the three quickly entered.