Engagement

You walked into the bedroom and sighed, taking off your jacket. You turned around and he walked up to you, a gentle smile on his face. He pulled you in, sliding his arm around your waist and his other hand gently tucking your hair behind your ear and lightly cupping your face. You sighed dreamily and lovingly gazed into his eyes, sliding your arms around him. "Tonight was amazing." He spoke gently, his deep voice making you blush. You let out a gentle sigh, your eyes utterly lost in his. "It still feels like a dream." Your eyes softened as you took him in. His deep, chocolate coloured eyes that sparkled in the evening glow. His soft, heart shaped lips that made your heart stop every time they touched yours. His warm honey coloured skin and his gentle hands that sent goosebumps down your body as he held you so tenderly. "And so do you." You took a deep breath, and he gazed down at you, before slowly leaning down and softly pressing his lips against yours. You closed your eyes and sighed, gently sliding your arms around his neck. The kiss was sweet and romantic, and he lovingly pulled you closer as you breathed in the warm scent of his aftershave. After a moment, he pulled away and he smiled at you, looking deep into your eyes. "Wow." You whispered. "What?" He smiled. "I just... Can't believe it." You laughed softly and sighed, gently touching his face. "Believe what?" He murmured. "...You." You laughed softly, leaning against him. "You're... Amazing." He smiled, lovingly looking into your eyes. "You're sweet and handsome and charming and... Gorgeous." You sighed. "Tae you're the boy that people like me could only dream of. The boy that when you gaze at him, your heart skips a beat. The boy that when his lips touch yours, you'd give anything in the world to never let go. The boy every parent told us only exist in fairytales. Breathtaking and enchanting. But... " You gently ran your fingers through his hair. "...You're real. And you're here. And you're... Perfect. You looked down at his lips, holding him closer gently kissed him. You softly pulled away. "...And I'm so in love with you." He sighed deeply and kissed you again, his arms sliding around your waist. He smiled softly into the kiss and you did the same, a small tear gently falling down your face as you held him so close. After a minute, you pulled away and he leaned his head against yours, gently wiping away your tear. "My love" his voice was gentle and delicate. "I want to be with you for the rest of my life." You heart beat softly. "I want to wake up next to you every day" he smiled. "You're the one I want to dance all my dances with." You blushed and he tucked your hair behind your ear. "Because I had a dream too" he sighed, cupping your face. "... And that dream was you." You sighed softly. "Tae..." You whispered. He smiled and sighed lovingly. "So..." He pulled away and got down on one knee, pulling out a ring. You gasped softly and looked at him. "Oh my god" you whispered, your hands covering your face as you softly started to cry. "Will you marry me?" He smiled, his eyes gently sparkling. You started to shake and you nodded your head, still gently sobbing as you fell into his arms. He smiled, holding you close, the two of you softly crying as you held each other. You looked into his eyes, your eyes still glistening with tears. "We're really...?" He tucked your hair behind your ear. "We're going to get married" he laughed softly, taking your hand. Your hand trembled as he kissed it and gently placed the ring on your finger. He looked up at you and smiled warmly. "Baby, it's... beautiful." His eyes lit up as he smiled at you, his gaze filled with love and adoration. You kissed him, and he smiled into the kiss, blushing softly. You gently pulled away and he stood up, taking your hand and held you close as you hugged him. You rested your head on his shoulder and you gently swayed back and forth. As the evening glow faded into night, all there was to be seen was two young lovers, gazing at their universe in front of them, hearing nothing in that moment but the gentle whisper of an "I love you" as they fell asleep in each others arms.