Chapter 1

AURORA (17 years old)

I was calling Amo from Greta's bathroom. He picked in two rings. "Are you with Greta?", he asked. "Yes, she is beside me", I told him. "Thank you Aurora, thank you" he said. "You're welcome" was all I could say.

I handed the phone to Greta, I still didn't know what was happening. From the sound of it, it was something that shouldn't be happening, there was something going on between Amo, the future Capo of the famiglia and the princess of Las Vegas.

I could only stare at Greta as she talked. I had to ask what was going on between them, she had to know that Amo was going to get married in a few weeks, this was not good, of course I won't tell anybody but can I keep it from Nevio?

And speaking of the man himself, the door to the bathroom swung open and Nevio stepped in, he was saying something but I was staring at his chest, his very naked chest. My eyes met Greta's, startled I bumped into Nevio, spilling what looked like hot coffee onto him.

"I'm not into fire play", he snarled. I didn't really understand him. I grabbed a towel and patted it at his chest when I realised I shouldn't be touching him like that.

What is wrong with me, why am I like that when he's near. And next he was leaving the bathroom, I yelled a "Happy Birthday" to him, "Thank you Rory" I heard him say.

Why me, why him? I sank on to the floor beside Greta, "Why do I act so stupid around him?"

"Maybe, because you're in love with him", she suggested.

"Shhhhhhh, I don't want him to know! Don’t tell him, okay? I swear I won’t tell anyone about Amo, but please don’t say anything to anyone about Nevio." I begged.

Nevio cannot know I love him, no, he doesn't want me. Greta agreed on not telling anybody, I just have to keep my feelings in check.

NEVIO (21 years old)

My sister has changed, since that fucker Amo has come into her life, and since that incident on the bridge, she's changed.

Greta has always been reserved, but not with the family, not with me.

She doesn't want to spend any time with us it seems, even with Aurora. And Aurora, this crush of hers on me, it's gonna be trouble some day.

Fabiano is definitely not going to like seeing me with his daughter, not that I couldn't face him if I wanted to. I am afterall the future Capo.

"Nevio! You ready to leave?", Massimo hollered. Another night of blood shed, clearing the trash from Vegas. Another night I'll be fucking my anger out on a whore. I don't need a lady in my life.