Chapter 9

AURORA

Aunt Aria hugged me when we reached her home. "It's so good to have you with us my dear, I'm so happy", she was saying. Dad isn't too happy leaving me in New York, but he isn't protesting.

Everybody was here, a sort of welcome party for me. Aunt Aria and Luca, Amo and Greta, Marci and Maddox, and Valerio. I was happy to see them all.

"C'mon, the food is ready, and I'm hungry", Marci chirped. Maddox looked at her with hearts in his eyes. I wish Nevio looked at me like that.

Control yourself Aurora, you have to forget him and move on, that's why you're here. Be strong.

"Greta is so happy you're here, when I work, she'll love your company Aurora. And I have made all arrangements at NYU, you'll not have to worry for a single thing", Amo informed as we all sat at the table to eat.

"Fabiano, I myself am a father to a daughter, do not worry about Aurora, she'll be safe, she's under my protection", Luca said to dad.

Dad nodded a thank you and we ate. "I'm so happy we added another member to our girl gang, Aurora, me and Greta will have a blast together", Marci said raising her fist.

After lunch it was time for dad to leave, "Take care Rora, me and your mom our just a call away, you need anything, we'll be there", dad said.

Aunt Aria put her hand around me, "She's my niece too you know Fabi, I am here for her, we all are", she told dad.

"I'll be good dad", I said as I hugged him. "I'll miss you and mom, but I'll be good", I said holding him.

After dad left Aunt Aria and Valerio, my cousin showed me around to my room. "I'll be your bodyguard Aurora, anybody troubles you, I'm your man", he said cheekily.

I chuckled. Life won't be so bad around here. I've so many people for me here, life will be good.

I settled in my room. From tomorrow I have to join University. I was putting my stuff away when Greta called me.

"Hey, Aurora, get ready, Amo and I are picking you up in 30 mins, you'll be having dinner with us tonight, a few other people are gonna join us, you're okay with that right?", she went on.

"Yeah, I'm okay with that. It's casual or something fancy?", I should atleast dress properly.

"Ah, nothing fancy, it's just us, Amo's friend Maximus and his cousin Sara, and some other soldier whose been working with him for sometime now", she informed.

"Okay okay, it's good, I haven't really talked to Sara since her wedding, it'll be good to meet her, I'll be ready", I said.

Amo and Greta pick me up and we drive to a restaurant, and ofcourse it's Italian, they introduce me to Maximus, and there's Sara. Then I see whose the soldier, and it's none other than Danielle Moretti.