☾ request thirty four

timothée's pov

"Oh, Timothée." she whined, pushing me away.

I took a step back as she dropped her things to the floor. "What?" I asked, confused as to why she minded me greeting her after coming home from work like I always do.

She sighed, staring at me with tired eyes. "I just had a bad day," she confessed "I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize." I said, hesitantly reaching my hand out for her to take.

She took it with grace and I started leading us to the kitchen. "Did you take out the chicken like I asked?"

"Mhm." Last time I hadn't, after taking a nap, and she was livid.

We l made it to the kitchen, a delicious aroma all through it. I let her hand go and opened the oven up, her standing next to me.

"We'll, I did more than just take it out of the freezer this time." I said as we stared into the oven, at the roasted chicken and vegetables I had made us for dinner.

Y/n looked at me with a smirk on her face. "You did this?"

I nodded, confused. "Who else would?"

She peered at the food. "It actually looks good," she said "and safe enough to eat."

We both broke into a short bit of laughter, she made a reference to the last time I attempted to make us dinner, but was right on the brink of giving us food poisoning instead.

"Why don't you go up and shower?" I suggested. "Wash off the bad day. I'll set the table for us."

She smiled. "Alright."

I grabbed the oven mitts as she walked away. I grabbed the pot and placed it above the stove, startled by y/n coming back up and planting a kiss on my cheek.

I smiled, quickly turning my head to press a kiss on her lips before she could get away.

She smiled, taking my face into her hands. "I love you." she said.

"I love you too."