Part 7: an archangel's hatred

It's been a couple days since auron and akame's visit to the graveyard. I still can't believe that a bit of his blood managed to do what many thought impossible. But honestly. It's a good safety net. They say you can't save everyone. It won't stop us from trying. But it's good to have a backup plan. Najenda said we have another member joining us today. Man night raid just keeps growing huh? As we stand in the main hall. Our new member walked up to introduce themselves. And i nearly spat up my water when i saw that familiar long blonde hair and hat.

"Hello everyone. My name is spear. Daughter of the former prime minister chouri...we were attacked by imperial assassins. We would have died if not for a brave soul." spear said. Looking directly at me. I couldn't help but blush. Rubbing the back of my neck.

"...najenda. Permission to personally train the new recruit." i said.

"For what purpose?" najenda asked.

"I didn't save her from the three dogs just so she can get chopped by another imperial lunatic. Which is why i'm going to train her until she can ends lives with a shoe." i said. Some of night raid chuckled. Thinking the image was pretty funny.

"Spear?" sheele asked as she entered the room. She was still asleep by the time i left the room. She was shocked to see her old best friend. Spear tried to back away but I pushed her towards sheele.

"Sheele...i'm sorry about what happened. I was scared. And I know that's no excuse for what i did. But." spear said. Only to get a hug from sheele.

"It's alright. I understand. I just want us to be friends again. Alright?" sheele asked. Spear hugged her back.

"Yes. thank you sheele." spear said with tears in her eyes. I smiled at such a beautiful reconciliation. The day went on. And training began again. It consisted this time of doing push ups with the girls sitting on our backs. Leone on lubbock. Akame on auron. Sheele on me. Sayo on bulat. And mine on tatsumi.

"Surprised that you're doing this lubbock." auron said.

"Yeah. well can't let you guys get all the glory. So i decided it's time to kick it up a notch!" lubbock proudly pronounced.

"It's cute that your acting all big. When everyone else is way ahead of you. Hell even tatsumi is ahead of you." leone said.

"That's to be expected. After all. Leonie is heavier than me. And mine's chest size takes some weight from tatsumi compared to mine." akame said. Everyone except me. I was too busy laughing. All dropped their jaws. Akame got slugged by leone. While i got slugged by mine.

"I regret nothing." I said with the bump on my head.

"Remember akame. A woman's weight is a topic that is a mine field." auron said.

"Seems like your all having fun." najenda said.

"Where are you going?" auron asked.

"To the HQ to hand over the teigu's falix collected...and to ask for more talented personnel." najenda said.

"Seriously? Cornelia gin tsukushi and spear aren't enough backup?" iasked. And then sighed. "Fine. i swear going to become an army by the time the final chapter of the war comes." i said. Then shrugged. "That would actually be cool." i said.

"Until then. Akame you're in charge. Keep everyone training." najenda said. Akame then saluted. Najenda then left. We all got back to training. I was training with a bokken.

"Hey you!" i heard someone yell. I turn around to see gin.

"What's up?" i asked.

"I heard that your the toughest in night raid. Took out the three beasts on your own." gin said. As she pointed a wooden replica of her sword at me. "I'm going to take that title from you." she said with a smirk. I sighed.