A Calm Lake

1 month later

Another peaceful month has passed. And with that a lot changed.

During the two months a relationship wasnt the only thing that caught development.

Technology and logistics inside the walls started developing. The military came up and started building new weapons to help in their fight against Titans. New equipment that would help at regaining the homes they lost.

Historias plan to help the underground adults and children was steady. The walls were under safety in her arms.

Farm life was also going well.

Y/n: "Seeds go over there."

Mikasa: "Okay."

Inside of a shed were Mikasa and Y/n carrying boxes and bags in and out.

Mikasa let the five heavy bags fall to the ground and kneeled down to rearrange them. Y/n leaned against the crates lined up against the wall and watched Mikasa.

Small talk rarely happened between the two. Only time they talked was when they needed to give information.

Y/n: "Lets go back when you're done."

Mikasa: "Okay."

Once the bags were stacked up neatly Mikasa stood back up.

She turned to look at Y/n then turned again walking to the door. She faced the door and turned the knob opening it.

Y/n: "Wait."

Mikasa stopped then turned around.

Y/n motioned her to close the door and she did.

Y/n: "I just wanted to ask something thats been on my mind. Why arent you telling Eren how you feel?"

Mikasa: "What?"

She was taken aback from the random question.

Y/n: "Is that wrong for me to say? I just wanted to ask because I see how you look at him. You should do it."

Mikasa: "Its not like that..."

Y/n: "Sure..."

Catching her by suprise with the question is what he wanted to see how she would react. And she reacted just how he wanted. Shy and in denial.

Mikasa held her scarf with one hand like she always did.

Y/n: "If its not like that then what do you see him as?"

Mikasa: "He's... family."

Y/n: "'Family?" You really expect me to believe that?"

He took a pause then continued.

Y/n: "I highly doubt thats how it is. I guess I understand why you're hesitant to tell me, but its fine to tell me, I wont spill."

Mikasa: "Why are you telling me this?"

Y/n: "I guess just to push you a little. I mean wouldnt you want something? Its better to get it out and see how things turn out. Like, look at me. Sure it was rough in the start, but me and Historia are having fun being together. I just wanted to give you courage. I mean, who knows... maybe Eren will go on a rampage if you dont. I know I did."

Mikasa: "..."

Y/n walked over to her and reopened the door.

Y/n: "Take it how you will. Just wanted to let my mind free. Lets go."

He opened the door and waited for Mikasa to get out before he closed it.

After that, the two went back to silence as they walked back to where everyone else was.