Chapter Five: Jessica

Jess sat back down on to the rock. Harry lay on the grass with Heidi bent over him sprinkling his face with water. Trevor and Robb knelt on either side of him, their faces grave. Abella, her hands clutched to her chest, stood next to Jess. She looked like she herself was about to faint.

Harry stirred and sat up hold his head. Abella breathed a sigh of relief next to Jessica and Jess in turn wipped some sweat off her brow. Harry rarely had an asthma attack that bad. They had to drag him out of that cave when it happened. It it wasn't for Heidi's quick thinking it would have taken them much longer to bring him out. And it would have been much worse to deal with.

After a few minutes of making sure he was ok. Heidi fussed over him like an old fashioned doctor then she finally gave the nod and discharged him from her make believe hospital.

"You guys are lucky we were here," Heidi said. "If he had stayed on that cave a little longer he would had have been out for a while. Maybe even kicked the bucket."

She brushed he ginger locks out of her face and grinned."Luckily, me and Abella are always up to saving a damsel in distress."

Heidi wasn't a very pretty girl and it didn't make matters any better that she spent all her time with Abella, who looked like a super model on steroids. Heidi was tall, lean and muscular with a tangle of curly hair that seemed like it could fight a war against any invading comb attacking it. Her Scottish roots seemed to have turned into a full grow tree on her, with her ruddy cheeks and feckless, she was the true poster girl in any mind.She even had the personality and accent to match, although her family had been in George Town for the past 2 generation's.

She always wore shorts that stopped below her knees with a bunch of accessories. Today she had suspenders on, with a golden chain around her throat. She looked like a semi punk magazine cover

Abella was a totally different story. She was shy and reserved, the perfect princess and looked the part too. Every thing about her was perfection.
With stark white hair and ice blue eyes, she was an ancient song come to life. She looked dreamy in the dress she wore. It was short and made of black silk with Greek murals inlaid in silver. She even had a golden Rome leaf tiara in her hair.

Pairing up with Heidi made perfect sense. Their personalities complemented each other resulting in the best friendship this side of the planet.

"What we're you guys doing here anyway," Heidi said.

The was a moment of silence.

"We were.... er.... exploring?" Robb said.

Jess faked a sigh. "We were picking flowers," she said showing Heidi the flowers she had picked earlier. "We stumbled on that cave and thought it would be fun to explore a little."

Abella picked up the flowers. "Pretty," she said.

Heidi winced. "Don't even start thinking about picking em flowers, muppet."

They seemed to be buying her story about the flowers. She watched the two girls got into a miniature world war three. The victor was obvious. Heidi had never been able to deny Abella of anything. It was one of the qualities Heidi possessed that made Abella's father trust Heidi to take care of his daughter. Not that he knew what they got up to ofcourse. He spent most of his time away from home and Abella's mother could hardly care less about anything that had less than five percent alcohol.

The real reason she didn't tell the truth was Harry's mom. Mrs Craine seemed to have a vendetta against her.

When she was younger she had no problem with Mrs Craine. She would come on playdates and they would spend the whole day playing in the mud, singing, dancing and laughing. The problem started as she grew older, or into a young woman as it was referred to. Mrs Crain started raising eyebrows and mumbling about " questionable behaviour in a young lady."