III: The Spurned Heir, the Realm's Delight, the Hightower Girl, and Lady Misery

Aerys

When Aerys arrived on Dragonstone, she was surprised to find that the island had already been occupied by her uncle Daemon and his men. Aerys was displeased at first because she came to Dragonstone in hopes of peaceful solitude, but given her limited options, she'd much rather be here with Daemon than to return to court.

During the first few weeks, her father had sent several envoys to bring her back to the capital. Aerys let the first three keep their lives and sent the fourth back as a pile of ashes. A sign that she did not wish to be bothered and luckily they took the hint. After having Vermithor torch the last man, the Princess could barely hold in the contents of her stomach out of guilt. She had never had the appetite for murder like Daemon did. Nor did she think the act was necessary, but she was just so angry that the command slipped out of her mouth.

Throughout her first moon in Dragonstone, Aerys tried her best to avoid being in anyone's company. The young Princess was either hiding away in the caves with the dragons, flying with Vermithor, or burying herself in her studies at the library nearly every single day. Aerys had kept herself busy to avoid her grief, but deep down she knows she must face it sooner or later.

...

Daemon

Daemon and Aerys paid no mind to each other on most days. Keeping their conversations brief and only ever seeing each other when necessary. Despite how things currently are between them, Daemon still cared for Aerys deeply.

Having lost his mother at a young age as well, Daemon has troubles navigating his feelings. So he is not sure what to say to his niece. Despite his shortcomings in that area, he still wished to help the grieving Princess. After thinking of a myriad of stupid things he could do. A brilliant idea came into mind as he saw his paramour, Mysaria enter their bedroom.

Mysaria has been a great source of comfort and council throughout the last few years of his miserable marriage. Without a second thought Daemon decided to send her to Aerys in hopes that she might provide Aerys with some comfort.

Of course, he does not like the idea of sharing his mistress, but knowing his niece. He doubts Aerys will do anything of that sort with her. After all he did gifted her with whores before on her thirteenth nameday and seeing how the women returned home with a bag of gold each, and without a single hair out of place. The Rogue Prince needs not worry for Mysaria. For secretly he knows the very reason Aerys why has refused to bed any woman despite her growing sexual appetite, and that reason is Rhaenyra.

...

Aerys

It was late in the evening when the Princess Aerys received Alicent's letter. After a long day of studying the dragons, the young Princess had retired to her chambers in hopes of rest, only to find a sealed scroll on her desk. Aerys had always been a curious soul, and she did not like to have lingering thoughts before a night's rest. So choice was obvious.

Greetings, Princess.

I hope this message finds you well. My father reports that you've been spotted on Dragonstone. So I figured I might write to you.

Grief can be a terrible thing if not processed completely. I notice this trait in mine own father, who has grown cold and distant since the passing of my mother. I pray that you may find some peace of mind in silence and solitude. Your late mother once told me that you preferred the company of Dragons than men. So maybe being surrounded by the amazing creatures you adore is what you need to heal.