Stronger than love (Embry Call) Part one.

Nyree Kealoha-Lahote's the name.

17 years of age.

Born and rasied in Oahu, Hawaii. The third biggest island in Hawaii. The population in Oahu is approximately 953,307 people.

I have lived in Oahu my whole life, and today that is all going to change.

My brother, Kelemi and I are moving to the small town of "La Push" located in Washington, Population approximately 2000. Quite small compared to Oahu, obviously.

Anyways,

Moving to LaPush was sort of sprung on us.

My uncle, Tevita had told us he could not look after us with the proper care we needed As we were (are) in a tough situation. right now. So he is sending us to live with our father's family.

I'm excited... but scared.

I'm just happy my brother's coming with me so I won't be alone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Mela and I am your chief flight attedant for this evening. On behalf of our captain and the entire crew, I would like to welcome you aboard Hawaian airlines flight 1609, non-stop service from Honalulu to Washington. Our flight time will be of 9 hours and 10 minutes, this flight will land at approximately 7:10am tomorrow morning. We will be flying at an altitude of 4,000 feet at a ground speed of 324 kilometres per hour."

My stomach dropped as the flight attendant over the intercom announced those two details about the altitude and speed. I was terrified of flying. This was my first time in a plane since I flew from Honalulu to Thailand with my family. It was the word experience of my life.. to say the least. Since then I haven't stepped a foot on one.. until today.

I shifted around in my seat, scared to death.

Kelemi placed his arm around me trying to calm me down.

It was working.

"It's alright sis. Nothing's going to happen to us"

I relaxed my body. Yeah, he was probaly right.

....

3 Hours into the flight, I had only just become comfortable being up here.

Kelemi was keeping me company .

"Lemi.." I said reluctantly.

"Yeah?" He replied instantly.

"What if..."

I hesitated. Lemi sat, waiting for me to continue. So I poured everything out.

"What if we get there and no one likes us. I mean, no one likes me"

He raised his eyebrows.

"What do you mean Ree? Ofcourse people will like you! Remember at your old school? How many friends you had? You'll fit in easily!" He beamed.

I sighed.

He had it all wrong.

Kelemi and I went to different schools back home.

He attended an all boys school, I attended a co-ed school.

Some days I would come home, my brother would ask me how my day was and I would lie. I would tell him "yeah! it was great" and make up all these amazing stories about what my friends and I did that day. He believed it all. What he didn't know was that, I was bullied. Quite severely. I'd rather not mention anything that happened, all I can say is, my heart can never be healed. So many people have hurt me, now it's just like my heart stays broken, doesn't mend. Just waits for the next person to come along and hurt me. I'm just hoping that this school will be different.