Part 2/?

“Uh oh, I-I didn’t mean for it to go that high! S-sorry!”

The man running the booth waved his hand dismissively. He took another weight out of his pocket and slipped it onto the pole. “We take certain measures to prevent that from happening, but with all the powerful Quirks out there, it’s impossible to prevent it. Pick a prize, anything you like, just don’t try it again.”

“O-okay, thank you!” Deku timidly set the mallet down and went back over to Tabeta.

“You broke it!” Tabeta giggled.

“I didn’t mean to! I just used a little bit of One For All, I didn’t think it would be enough to launch it into the sky… N-never mind that, they fixed it...um, go ahead and pick a prize!”

Tabeta pointed to a large plush octopus at the top of a tall prize stand.

“The octopus? Good choice! Hup-” Deku leaped up, grabbed the octopus, and presented it to her when he landed.

“Thanks!!” Tabeta took the plush and cuddled it to her chest as they walked back to the main thoroughfare. “I love him.”

“I’m glad! Do you have a name for him?”

“I was thinking…Shoji. He reminds me of him, and I mean that in the best way possible.”

“I think that’s a perfect name! I wonder if Shoji is here today, we haven’t seen him in a while! ...Come to think of it, we haven’t seen most of Class 1-A in a while!”

When Deku launched into an external monologue, muttering furiously to himself about his estimated whereabouts of their fellow former classmates, Tabeta just smiled and listened.

“Deku!! Tabeta!!”

Tabeta managed to get Deku’s attention and they both turned around towards the voices. At a table nearby sat all the girls of class 1-A; Tsu, Uraraka, Mina, Yaoyorozu, Hagakure, and Jiro. They all had a cup of fresh lemonade and were sharing some carnival snacks between them.

“Hey, come sit with us!!”

Deku greeted everyone and pulled up two extra chairs for himself and Tabeta at their table. “It’s great to see you guys!”

“You too!”

“It’s like a mini reunion!”

“Do you guys want some snacks? We have takoyaki, yakitori, and some crepes!” 

“Sure, that sounds great! Thank you!”

Tabeta spoke up. “Can we get some lemonade, too?”

“Of course, Tabeta! Wait here, I’ll go and buy some for us!” Deku left for the nearest lemonade stand.

“Tabeta, your octopus is so cute!”

“I bet Deku won it for her!”

Tabeta blushed and nodded, appearing even more flustered when they started asking all kinds of questions. “C-c’mon, you all know I hate being on the spot. What have you guys been up to?”

-

Before long, Deku returned with two cups of fresh squeezed lemonade and sat down next to Tabeta.

“Thanks!” Tabeta sipped from her lemonade while they continued to chat.

“Try some of the snacks, guys!” Mina urged.

“Thank you!” Tabeta went for the takoyaki first. She grabbed three, but only ate one and offered the others to Deku, who ate them for her. “We shouldn’t eat these in front of Shoji.” She joked, having covered her plushie’s eyes while they ate the octopus balls.

After they shared some yakitori and crepes, they were told to eat the rest since the girls already had their fill. Tabeta thanked them again and pulled the snacks in front of Deku while she brushed her tail against his back.

Deku tried not to blush. She wanted him to finish everything, and he wasn’t going to disappoint her. While he didn’t understand why she enjoyed watching him eat so much, he was happy to eat whatever she wanted if it made her happy.

While the girls chatted and sipped their lemonade, Deku ate the rest of the snacks between gulps of his own lemonade.

He eventually got up to throw away the empty containers and his empty lemonade cup. When he was on his way back to the table, Tabeta snuck a glance at his tummy and blushed when she saw that it looked a bit distended under his t-shirt.

Having caught her staring, he was still blushing when he sat back down next to her. “T-that was good, thanks for sharing you guys!”

“You’re welcome!” Mina beamed. “Hey, do you guys wanna go on some roller coasters with us?”

Tabeta frowned as she gripped her Shoji octopus . “I’m sorry, roller coasters make me a little nervous...but you guys can go with Deku, if you want to.”

“We’re not going without you! How about we ride something more calm? Like maybe the carousel?” Tsu insisted.

Tabeta nodded eagerly. “Okay!”

Tabeta held Deku’s hand through the crowds as they followed their friends to the carousel.