003♡

"Do you often wonder where we'll be 10 years from now?"

Draco was keeping eye contact with a small ball he was throwing up in the air. Every second more he spent staring at the ball was making him nauseous. After slowly capturing the ball, he forced himself to just look over.

Sitting up on the couch with both knees up, resting her book on them, was Catherine. Looking up acknowledging the boy after a moment.

She lowered her legs in confusion.

"What"

It wasn't even a bad enough question, but now that he knew he liked her, simple tasks seemed so embarrassing.

His face grew nervous as he kept trying to fight a nervous smile.

"Oh, uh...do you often wonder where we'll be 10 years from now?" He spoke as if his breath were fragile.

Catherine looked up with eyes dancing in thought. She moved her eyes to Draco and sat up.

"Hmm, well, definitely rich! I better be a mother too, and oh! I better have had a big, wonderful wedding." She explained in such delight. "Much more too, but what about you?"

Draco felt as if he finally was invited to his own conversation.

"Well, I better have money too," He exhaled "and I also hope I'm married to a beautiful girl 'cause I don't want ugly Malfoy children and maybe a pleasant job, perhaps." Draco nodded in satisfaction at his answer.

This topic made Catherine ponder her future. What would she be doing? Catherine hated the idea of working so hard for something that wasn't worth it or that she wouldn't enjoy later on.  Maybe she'd find her line of work later on.

"Do you think the person we're going to end up with, goes here? We could have a class with them and we wouldn't even know.." bringing her knees back to her chest and laying her chin on them. Giving her a pout expression. 

"I mean where else would you meet? No doubt they go here, that's why I always look and smell the best." He laughed as if he wasn't dressing to impress the girl right in front of him.

She exhaled slightly, rolling her eyes jokingly and raising an eyebrow in realization. "Oh is that why I'm constantly bombarded with green apple scents and some fancy expensive, fumigating cologne?'

Draco wrinkled his nose in humour "What does it smell bad? No doubt it better smells than Potter"

"No, it doesn't smell bad, it's nice, suits you heavily. Don't think I can smell green apples and not think of you now. " She placed her bookmark on the page she was on. Her bookmark was Draco and her in France. Putting happy moments into bookmarks helped her remember the good parts of life more.

His eyes widened upon hearing her. 'She thinks of me when she smells green apples...'

Theodore and Blaise told him how to get Catherine to think about him more. Especially how to draw her into him more. To want to be near him. After months of waiting, one part of their stupid plan was working.

Draco wanted to jump up and run to his friends to let them know the news. Yet it was still dinner and he didn't want to waste the alone time the two had. Both are on separate couches facing each other.

Being the only people in the room, it was silent apart from the fire and faint of Draco's heart beating. His feeling of a sense of satisfaction was enough to give his ego a boost.

"Who do you think it'll be? A Slytherin maybe? So that way later when me and she are both prefects, we'd have all sorts of chances to be alone." He leaned back into the couch, throwing one arm over the couch.