Of what happened to Octavia's parents before the next chapter

The noise of footsteps; Stella walks up behind him being dramatic on the balcony.

Stella: The fuck are you doing?

Stolas: *without looking back* Reflecting.

Stella: Well, stop. It's annoying to hear you screeching your silly woes all the time.

Stolas: Why are you still here? You leave with Via on weekends, but then you stay around the house despite everything.

Stella: I like tormenting you. I want to keep reminding you of what you did.

Stolas: I know what I did. I would feel bad if I hurt you, but we both know I didn't do that. You and I were arranged for one reason; to birth a precautionary heir to the Goetia family, nothing more. I tried so many years to make it comfortable for us; to have this family, but it was never enough. The only reason I have endured your constant insults and cruelty was for that girl to have a normal life. ...I cannot do this anymore. I want you out. Now.

Stella: What do you mean, out?

Stolas: I mean out! Out of this palace, out of my life! We are getting The Divorce!

Stella: How dare you?!

She steps forwards as Stolas shrinks backwards looking slightly frightened of her.

Stella: What do you think the rest of the Goetia family will think?

Her hand moves towards Stolas to backhand his face.

Stella: Andrealphus-!

Stolas catches her hand, stopping it before it can hit his face and cutting her off.

Stolas: I don't care what your arrogant brother thinks! And the only thing the Goetia family wanted from our marriage is already 17. So, it's over! I'm DONE!

Stella stares intensely, then pulls her hand away from him in a silent rage.

Stella: Fine. I have no desire to stay in the place of a traitorous embarrassment. You have fallen from what little grace you had, and I know you'll pay for it.

Stella walks away. Stolas sighs, collapses onto the balcony and looks up at the sky.