02 - Parentage

Sakura was annoyed, beyond peeved. Her daughter was meant to be on a mission, but no - she decides today was the greatest day to be skipping. Now, she has to explain this situation to both her and the two boys. And how was she even meant to do that? She was sure that it would come out while they were looking for what they needed to get these two back, but... not now. She glared at her daughter heavily, but the girl as focusing on Sasuke. Sarada was a smart girl, of course she would piece it together - considering she would know who Naruto was. The kid wasn't Boruto, after all.

Sarada, in seconds, had slammed Sasuke against the wall with her strength, as Sasuke's own kekkei genkai rose to the surface, "You! How dare you come here in this form!" the girl pushed him closer against the wall, and Sakura heard a crack.

She ducked forward to stop her daughter from killing her father, "Sarada-chan, stop."

The young girl slumped, letting Sasuke go, without giving him a final shove, "Mama - why are they here? What is going on? Is this some sort of twisted joke?"

"Sweetheart," she said soothingly, "Please go and talk to Boruto for the moment, I need to sort out a couple of things," Sarada opened her mouth to object, "No. You're not staying. But I promise I'll tell you everything over dinner, okay? I just need a moment with Naruto and... Sasuke."

Sarada pouted her lips before deactivating her kekkei genkai, and Sasuke allowed his own to fade. 'Have I and Sakura...?' It... made sense, but why wouldn't his older self be here and supporting them both. Instead, he was out and trying to take over the world it seemed. Still, he figured that she would have been the one that would bear his child.

The girl growled before making her way out of the house, slamming the door on her way out.

Silence fell over the three.

"Whoa... is that your kid?" Naruto broke the silence, almost stupidly.

Sakura nodded, "Yep. Sarada-chan. She's... a good kid normally. I'm surprised she came home now. Unless they got dismissed easily... worst of all days to be doing this. I... would have said something," this was more towards Sasuke, who she was still not looking in the eye, "but I didn't want to overload you both with information."

"Wow! Sasuke-teme of all people has a kid, a cute one too," Naruto said, grinning. "Congrats, Sakura!"

Sasuke nearly slapped him upside the head for the comment.

So... the sharingan did get passed on too. And the girl was strong, his body could feel that. She could have crushed him if she wanted. However, the glasses? Bad eyesight? He wondered why. The Uchiha hardly ever had bad eyesight, but he supposed that they did normally keep their couplings in the clan originally to keep the sharingan as pure as possible.

Still, his eyes flickered to Sakura who was looking at her feet. Was this why she was ignoring him? Not talking to him as much? Was it because he had seemingly abandoned her and her child? That... wasn't his way. Nor was it the Uchiha way. Something had seriously gone wrong with his future self, that was for sure. The Uchiha took a heavy breath and took his attention away from her for the moment.

"You also have a rather cute kid, Naruto," Sakura chided, grinning happily at the information.

"Excuse me, what!?"

Sasuke huffed.

.

.

.

Sakura rested against the cabinet behind her. "Sasuke, I need to speak to you about something."

'It's better that he knows... he needs to understand what he becomes... Maybe something can be changed in him. I hope.'