07 - I Promise

He was lost. Very lost. What could he do? Everything was somehow even more fucked. His head felt like it was going to explode. Naruto had come back to the Uchiha compound, looking out of it as well, but at the same time determined. Sasuke just felt... broken. What was the right thing to do? He should avenge his clan, and he understood somewhat why his other-self was wanting to take over things. But he had stooped a lot lower than Sasuke would ever allow himself to get to, at least, that was what he had hoped.

Naruto was sitting in front of him, on their newly purchased futons—

("What do you think of this one?" Naruto asked, pointing at one that was way too expensive for what it is.

"Don't waste money, dobe."

A huff. "Fine.")

He was babbling on about some nonsense that Sasuke could not find himself to give a damn about.

"Oh yeah, what happened with you and Itachi?"

A quick glance with the sharingan, and Naruto knew everything, and like him, he looked puzzled and lost. "Hey—wait. What? The village did that? What the fuck?" he then looked disturbed, "Did you seriously just show me everything with a look. What the hell? When did you learn that?"

"I've always been able to do that," Sasuke rolled his eyes, finding himself a little at ease with Naruto's presence. "I've just never needed to."

Naruto let out a groan, "I so don't get your sharingan."

"That's because you're a dobe."

"Oh, shut up teme."

The two sat in silence for a while, seemingly both in thought.

Naruto broke the silence (typical) with, "Hinata told me Boruto's conception date."

Sasuke spared him a glance, "Yeah?"

The blond was oddly serious, frowning to himself, his arms crossed. "She wants me to..." It went unsaid, but both kids knew what he was referring to. This felt... oddly manipulative. Of course it was, they would have to plan for her pregnancy. Or at least, Naruto would.

Sakura, for now, had not said anything about Sarada's conception date. As it was, Sasuke knew better to ask about it, considering how she reacted to when he mentioned that he wanted the young girl to exist. It still bothered him though. He wondered if Itachi would know, but the thought of talking to his older brother again about anything made him feel prickly. For now, he would leave it. If Sakura wanted him to know, surely she would say something? But at the same time, he knew he didn't want to leave it until last minute... but he did not want to force the woman to answer.

Dark eyes flickered onto the blond, "Are you going to...?"

Naruto looked nervous, "It's... what she wants."

"How do you feel about it all?" Sasuke asked.

"I mean..." he shook his head, "Don't change the subject. How are you doing?"

"You saw. I don't know how to feel..." Sasuke glanced away, not liking talking about his feelings, but this was probably better than bottling it up and quite literally exploding.

The Uzumaki crossed his arms, "I don't... I don't think the village should be held responsible for it. The old geezer and the elders were more so at fault, than anyone who didn't even know."

Sasuke shrugged his shoulders, "The village as a whole blamed Itachi."

"Yeah, but... they don't know," Naruto glanced away, "I'm sure it was heavily under wraps by the Hokage."