five, telekenetic kids and werewolves.

Aleksander stepped outside the room of his Economics class to find Xavier standing there outside by the door waiting for him.

It's the last period for Friday, and it's also the only class he doesn't have with Xavier. But when he finds him outside of the room, leaning on the wall next to the door frame with that annoyingly attractive grin on his face once their eyes met.

Alek furrowed his brows in question, hiding the flush he felt on the inside at the mere thought of Xavier getting out of his class as early as possible just to wait for him to finish his, "Why were you waiting for me?"

"Well, I don't really have anything else to do for today. I figured I'd come and pick you up so we can go back to the room together. Besides, I can help you with homework if you need it." Xavier said, but Alek didn't say anything back yet, since it looked like he was still mentally preparing himself to continue what he wanted to say in his mind. "Also I want to hang out with you, if you aren't busy." he rushed his words, falling almost like a whisper.

Alek felt the flush spread. He'd tease him for it, wanting to hang out with him despite the two of them being literal roommates so they're gonna be spending a lot of time with each other in their own space, but he supposes that it's a nice sentiment. That's all it is: a nice sentiment. That's why he's scolding himself for being so flustered about it. And that's also why he decided to let the teasing go and just agree.

"Sure. I don't really have a choice, do I?" he kept his tone light, not too much to be teasing but also not too little that it sounds serious enough to make Xavier worried and panic. He even kept a small smile on his face, though that he couldn't help. He playfully rolled his eyes to counteract that.

That grin on Xavier's face went back, stretching across his cheek in a satisfied glory, "Yeah, you don't. You are kind of stuck with me."

And yeah. He agreed with him once again.

The whole way back, they walked in comfortable silence. They didn't really have anything to talk to, even if it's only a half day of classes, it's still tiring enough that they can't think of anything to talk about let alone talk at all. For some reason, silence has so far only been comfortable for them. And they're thankful for that in these moments. With Xavier's hand on his lower back again, letting him walk into the room first before Xavier walked in second and closed the door.

Aleksander dropped his bag haphazardly on the floor, not paying any mind to the loud bang it caused because of the large books inside the backpack as he dropped himself face down on the bed. Thank god his uniform's dried off from that encounter with Wednesday or else he'd be dripping all over the sheets.

"Is school always this draining?" he said, voice muffled and miserable with how his face was smushed on the pillow. He could faintly hear Xavier sitting on his own bed. He also heard the way Xavier chuckled amusedly at this.

"Today's just a half day. Fridays are half days. Normal ones have double the amount of classes, plus mandaory extracurriculars." he explained, taking off his awfully restricting uniform jacket and putting it on the bed,

"Wow, way to excite me more about school. Thanks for making my first school experience a hell of a lot easier." Xavier could practically hear the eye roll and the dripping sarcasm in his words. What he doesn't know is that it runs in the family.

But he only furrowed his brows in confusion as he took in that information. "Wait, this is your first school? Ever?" he asked, rightfully caught off guard at the thought of Aleksander not going to ang school before Nevermore.

"I spent most of my life in a cell, dumbass. Either that or a laboratory. I didn't have a life nor a consiousness up until two years ago, cut me some slack." Aleksander said, voice light with a sliver of sarcasm and a lot of humor that he was almost laughing. The words would affect him if he wasn't used to his own baggage now.