Chapter 5

Mark was woken up by the bright sunlight coming from the window in his bedroom. Then he saw Lily, standing over at the other side of the bed.

"Good Morning!" She said in a very energetic tone

Mark sat up on his bed, scratched his eye and then faced Lily with a smile "Good Morning to you too, Lily."

"Here, I made you coffee." Lily said as she reached for the cup of coffee she made just for him.

"Oh, you didn't have to.."

"Its okay. I do this all the time."

"Really?" Said Mark a bit confused. Didn't she said that she didn't have parents?

"Come on, get up. I made you pancakes"

Pancakes? How did you make pancakes?

Mark stood up from his bed. He took a sip of his coffee, and was surprisingly satisfied with it. Who knew a little girl can make good coffee.

Mark came to his kitchen and was met by a delicious smell of fresh hot pancakes. His stomach suddenly rumbled and all he wanted to to was eat them.

He walked to the kitchen counter and he sniffed the pancakes closer. It was really smelling delicious.

He released his breath "These are wonderful pancakes, and some really good coffee. Thanks."

"You're welcome" she said simply adorable.

"How did you make all this?"

"I always make different kinds of breakfast for mom. She was the one who taught me how to cook when I was very young." She said in full honesty

"I thought you didn't have parents?"

"Well, I had one." Said Lily with her smile fading away.

Mark wanted to ask but was conflicted, because he didn't want to make Lily sad.

But Lily insisted on telling him anyway. She then started "My mother used to teach me to do house chores when I was young so I can take care of myself when I'm home alone. I would wake mom up early before work to make her breakfast. She said she really loved them" she paused to smile at the memory "But, after the car accident, I couldn't be with her anymore." She described it as if to soften the idea of her mom dying.

Mark was really sad, how a poor girl got orphaned in a very young age. Which made Mark wonder how old she is.

Before Mark could ask, she already spoke. "But, we don't have to worry about that" she said with her smile back up. "Its all done, and I can't do anything about it. All I can do, is thank the Lord of what I have now." She said all so cheerful. Mark just smiled foe her enthusiasm

"Now come on, let's eat!"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

They eat their pancakes and drank their milk and coffee. Mark went to his office where he recorded some videos and uploaded them. Lily was just on the living room being quiet. But when Mark went downstairs, she wasn't there.