Chapter 10

MARK—-

For the past month, all I've been doing is being with Lily. We had a lot of fun together. Who knew that having a kid would be fun to have around?

We played games together, even recorded a video of it. We had a BBQ party, just the two of us. We'd watch a movie every night, and I'd carry her to her room because she falls asleep right at the end. And, she finally knows how to skate gracefully without my help. I'd still keep an eye out for her because that stupid dream almost paranoid me.

All I'm saying is that Lily and I became great friends. Though, I still know little about her. That's why I'm planning to officially adopt her to be my daughter, so I can know more about her. She's just so nice and wonderful. She's like an angel. I just can't leave her all alone in the streets again.

Besides, she wants to have a dad for the first time. I can fill in for that. I was able to take care of her for a couple of months, I'm sure I can handle the rest.

But I'm gonna have to keep it a secret from Lily until her birthday...

Right now, I'm sitting on the bedside of Lily, waiting for her to wake up.

She shifted to my direction and saw me. She smile and rubbed the tiredness in her eyes

"Good Morning." She said yawning a little bit.

"Good Morning Sweetie" I replied "Had a good sleep?"

"Wonderful" She then sat up on her bed "Hey" She added "I've noticed that you've been calling me 'sweetie' most of the time"

"Oh! I'm sorry. Do you want me to stop?"

"No. You can call me any name you want." She answered "People call me unique names like 'Cutie' or 'Cupcake'. They even call me a 'Little Angel'" She smiled at me, and so did I

"But, the only one who called me 'Sweetie' was my mom. Until now"

She looked at me with a wondering look of how me and her mom has similar habits.

"Well that's because I like calling cute little girls 'sweetie'. Especially you, since you're always so sweet and kind"

She blushed at my compliment. "Come on. Let's go down and get some breakfast. I'm starving"

"Okay. I'm hungry too. What's for breakfast" She asked.

"Just the typical 'Eggs n' Bacon'"

"That's awesome! I love you're eggs and bacon, Mark!"

"Well, I'm glad you do" I smiled and lead her to the dinning area.