Chapter 13

It was still daytime when Mark and Lily came back to LA. So they had the whole day for themselves. They were going places like the park and carnivals to just have fun and bond together.

They went to the mall and played at the arcade. Mark was tired, but he still kept on going just for Lily to have a good time.

~o~

After a really tiring day, it was time to go home and get ready for bed. But Lily was still very hyped and it seems that she has no plan on sleeping tonight.

Lily was bouncing up and down her bed, giggling with so much joy.

"Okay, that's enough for today. Its tine to sleep." Said Mark.

"But I don't want to sleep yet."

"Why? We've been playing around all day. Aren't you tired?"

"Nope." And she kept on bouncing around.

Mark sat on the bed and and hugged her to stop her from bouncing. They laughed together, then Mark put up a serious face.

"Come on. Its time to sleep. We'll just do this tomorrow, okay?"

Lily opened her mouth to protest, but she slowly closed it, and gave up. She tucked herself to bed beside Mark.

"Okay, I'll lay down. But I won't sleep."

Mark just smiled. He knew eventually she'll fall asleep, so he just let her.

"But, uh, can you stay here for the night. Please..."

Mark looked at her, she seems that she really wants him to stay. He had no idea why, but she wants company, so why not give it to her.

"Okay, why not" Mark lied down beside her.

"You know why I'm so energetic today?" She asked Mark.

"No, Why ARE you so hyped today?"

"Its because today is the 100th day since we met."

"Really? Has it been a 100 days already?"

"Yeah. I know its kinda lame, but those 100 days meant so much to me. I wanted this day to be special, just you and me" she smiled.

"Thanks Lily. Today was great. It was tiring, but it was an awesome day with you."

"I'm sorry that I wore you out today..."

"No need sweetie. I'd do anything to make your day."

"Thanks dad." And with that ended their conversation, they said their good nights and Mark fell asleep, except Lily.

For the whole night, Lily never slept. She had a lot going in her mind. She doesn't know how to explain to Mark about her situation. She was also thinking about what will Mark feel. She knew that it would definitely devastate him

Finally, she decided to get a shut eye. She closed her eyes, dropped a tear and said her last words

"I'm sorry dad..."

~o~

I saw a very bright light right at my face. The light dimmed and all I saw was a blur sight of an angel. Her wings were very majestic and shined so bright.

She kissed my forehead, held my hand very gently and gave me a feeling of security and compassion.

Then, she slowly let go of my hand and I saw her fly away

After that, I suddenly felt lonely and empty. I didn't like the feeling. I tried to run, but I feel so slow. I had a heaving feeling that I can't seem to take out.

I want to get out of this

MARK---

I woke up in a sudden, like I had a nightmare, which is half true. I studied my surroundings and saw that I was in Lily's room, but she isn't here. I bet she woke up really early to make breakfast.

Another thing I noticed is that I was holding on to a single white feather all the time. I wonder where it came from, or how did this ended up on my hand.

I went down stairs, and to my absolute surprise, I found the whole floor empty. Lily wasn't in the kitchen or anywhere in the apartment.

I was very worried. I don't know where she would go. All I have is a feather that she probably left for me. But why a feather? And where is she?

As I paced around, I heard knocking on the window. Why? I don't know. I went to see, and I saw a white bird pecking on the window pane.

Even more questions. What is this bird doing? Why would it be here?...

Unless...

.

.

.

.

.

"He's the only bird that approaches me, even without command" ~Lily

Unless that bird is Henry, Lily's pet dove.

But why would he come here? Would he lead me to Lily like how he did before?

The bird flew down to the exit of the building.

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out...

I made my way down and headed for the exit. When I got out, I saw Henry flying through the streets. So I just followed him to wherever he might be leading me to.

I passed trough the crowd and crossed the streets. I don't care if I looked like an idiot following a bird. I just kept on going.

I lost the bird when it took a turn. I looked at every direction but found no bird. I walked forward, then suddenly, a strong wind blew from behind. It blew my feather away. I tried to catch it, but it kept on flying away.

When I was chasing after it, the feather landed on top of a car. I saw the driver getting out of the car. She was a woman, with a petite figure, wearing casual clothes. She saw the feather and took it. She looked at it like she recognizes it.

Maybe she saw her pass by here.

"Hey! Excuse me, miss..." I called out, hoping she would respond.

When she did, I saw a very beautiful and familiar face. I didn't expect to see her after all these years

I went closer. Her expression was the same as mine. I never really thought we'd see each other again.

"...Mark?" She asked to confirm it was me.

"Veronica..." I answered

.