Chapter 10

"Calm down, bro. Anyone looking at you would think you're the one facing Sasha tonight." Seth glanced up to see Roman standing beside his chair. "And stop it with the legs," Roman added, sitting beside Seth and clamping a hand on his thigh to stop him from fidgeting. "That's Dean's shtick."

"I'm just nervous for her," Seth admitted, glancing around. He had the utmost faith in Becky and her abilities, and he knew Sasha was an absolute pro, but it meant the world to Becky to have a good showing tonight. Hunter wouldn't limit her chances if she made a few minor mistakes, but it was crucial that she be able to control her strength in the ring. "I know how much this means to Becky. She's been working so hard...."

Roman nodded slowly, gesturing to Gorilla position. "I thought I recognized someone from that hospital in Los Angeles, but I wasn't sure."

"Yeah. Vida and Zenna. Vida made the walking aids and Zenna was in charge of most of the medical stuff. Becky wanted to invite them to see her progress," Seth added, "but now it just feels like more people for her to impress. She doesn't want to let anyone down."

"She won't," Roman promised, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "She's been training and meditating and putting in all the work. It will pay off. Trust me."

"I hope so. I—" Seth caught movement out of the corner of his eye and saw Asuka approaching. "Hey, Asuka. Come to watch Becky's match?" They were in the wrestler's viewing area: not the one used for TV spots, where wrestlers would stand comically clustered around a single screen, but a room with rows of chairs and a huge flatscreen on the wall.

Asuka nodded, tucking her multi-hued robe around her as she sat down. "I want to be her next opponent," she declared firmly. "I talked with Hunter, so I'm just waiting for an answer."

Seth couldn't help but beam. Not only was Asuka a dear friend to Becky, she was one of the wrestlers Becky respected the most. It would mean the world to her that Asuka wanted to work with her, especially since she knew the potential risks. "That will make her day." It had been a struggle just to get her return match on television and not a house show, but eventually Hunter convinced the higher-ups that they didn't want to waste the pop Becky would receive on a small house show crowd.

Asuka's eyes lit up with an impish gleam. "And beating her again will make mine!"

"Get in line," Naomi declared, sitting down just behind Asuka. Bayley took the spot beside her, leaning forward to make room for Dean, Cesaro, and Sheamus to get by. "Pack party!" she declared, raising her bottle of water in a toast. "Our girls are going to put on the match of the night. Just you watch!"

"Hey." Dean tugged on Seth's curls until he looked back at him. "Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?"

Roman shook his head. "They're just being announced now."

Watching in the back was a weird blend of the live experience and watching the broadcast, but lacking bits of both. They got the slick camera angles, but missed out on the commentary; they could hear the fans in the background, but the roar didn't quite have the same effect when the matches were playing out on such a small screen. There was no disguising the way the crowd erupted when Becky's music hit, though, and Seth was sure he wasn't the only one who noticed the glimmer of tears in her eyes as she looked out at the crowd while making her way down to the ring. Sasha's expression was soft too, and she gave Becky a subtle nod as they faced off.

"Cue Michael Cole reminding the audience about the car accident," Dean began, "and their history in NXT and an obligatory Four Horsewomen reference." He stood up and glanced around. "Speaking of, where's the fourth one? Becks and Sasha," he counted, pointing at the screen. Then he motioned to Bayley. "Bay."