Twelve

Filler chapter
Edward came back to the Cullens after his hunt. When he walked in, he stopped seeing as they were all looking at him. "What?"

"What's going on between you and Madeline?" Carlisle asked. "I never saw mates get this addicted to one another or feed off one another."

Edward leaned against the wall. "Are you saying that something is happening that's never been heard of? If so, I'm sure Madeline may have figured it out as she catches on faster than most do." He tells them. "I don't know what's going on, but you don't see us complaining."

Esme went to say something, but Edward left the room. She looked back at her husband who sighed as he could tell that Edward was doing everything to avoid this talk. "Seems like he enjoys what is happening between him and Madeline." Jasper says. "I know the two do love each other, but what ever is happening between them runs deeper than our bond."

Upstairs, Edward laid on the bed he got for Madeline and thought about her. He didn't care what was happening because he loves Maddie and she loves him. He loved everything that was happening and Madeline never once complained about it either. He grabbed his phone and called Madeline. "Hey, can you meet me at the park?" He asked. "There's something we need to discuss."

"Sure."
~~~
Madeline sat on the swing waiting for Edward. She didn't know why they needed to meet up in the middle of the night, but she wanted to see Edward. When he finally arrived, he saw Madeline sitting by herself on the swing causing him to walk over to her. She saw Edward and got off the swing. She ran to him just for him to catch her. "What's going on?"

"They're not understanding what is happening." He tells her. "Our bond is different from the others and we can't stand being apart. It gets lonely and I feel like there is pain."

"Same." She tells him. "Promise me now, that you will never leave me."

"A promise I will keep." He says kissing her. "I love you."

"I love you."

Standing under the moonlight, Edward started dancing with Madeline. They didn't care what the others think. It was them and only them.