ೃ⁀➷ xiv. old and new friends

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

astrid knew this wasn't the solution. she knew it was wrong and not what she should be doing. but it was the only thing she knew; she ran.

after her ugly confrontation with her first love, astrid ran to the salvatore boarding house, careful not to wake the passed out stefan salvatore and caroline forbes, and packed her bags. nick was indifferent to the idea but still went with her, he always would—just like the man he was named after.

she contemplated looking for barry wright, a friend of her's, but decided against it at the last minute. astrid forgot he was running from her the same way she was running from klaus.

buying the ticket that could get her out the fastest, the tribrid found herself boarding a plane headed to new orleans.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

"now, i cannot believe i can despise one so."

"always and forever, indeed."

"always and forever is a lie. you are not good. not anymore. and there is no one to blame but yourself."

always and forever was a vow klaus and his siblings made all those years ago. the mikaelson siblings agreed that astrid was a part of their family the moment she had their brother wrapped around her finger. she was a mikaelson to them. and to them, that vow applied to her.

astrid could not think of herself part of their family because what does that entail? she loved niklaus far too much to consider him a brother, it was beyond disguting. but what did that leave her? his wife? even though they whispered promises to each other at night, they never actually got married. yet, astrid knew from the back of her mind that she and klaus loved each other more than some married couples these days. loved.

it was a thing of the past. they were a thing of the past.

this was the present. and astrid had to live in that.

"my, my, is it what i think it is?" a familiar voice spoke from behind. astrid smirked as she turned around, running into the man's arms. he wrapped his arms around her waist, chuckling. "astrid erikson, as i live and breath!"

"marcel," astrid said fondly as the said man placed her back on the ground. she looked around the area, a festival was going on. "i like what you've done with the place."

"thank you," he bowed and the two of them laughed. "you want a drink?"

"i need a drink, marcellus." the man smiled as he led astrid the way to his favorite bar.

marcellus—marcel—gerard was an old friend of astrid's. she had met him when she made a stop at new orleans before making her way to mystic falls. at first, the two did not get along as marcel was under the impression the tribrid wanted to take his city away from him.

it was only when astrid revealed that she could give less than two fucks about his city did they allow themselves to get close.

"so, tell me. what brings you to this side of the globe? i thought you wanted to stay in europe for at least a century?" marcel asked as soon as they got their drinks and sat down.

"...complications."

"i'm intrigued."

astrid laughed and she opened her mouth to explain everything, as she trusted marcel and unaware about his connections with klaus. but then the door opened and the blonde saw a woman enter. a very attractive woman.

curious as to what made her so silent, marcel turned around and snickered. "you always were weak when it came to a pretty face."

"oh, shut up, marcel," astrid said, regaining consciousness. she turned back to her friend and took a sip of her margarita, trying her best not to glance at the pretty lady. but as marcel said, she always was weak when it came to them. she took another glance at her, but quickly turned back when she found the brunette approaching them. "marcel, help me."

"what am i supposed to do?"

"what's the point of being king if you cannot make someone go away?"

"who do you want to go away?" another voice responded, far too feminine and sweet to belong to marcel. astrid carefully craned her neck as she looked up at the woman. "i'd certainly hope it isn't me."

"n-never."

"i'm celia. celia st claire," the woman said as she extended out her arm. astrid went to shake it but the woman—celia—was surprisingly strong as she pulled the tribrid up. "wanna get out of here? my hotel is very near."

astrid practically chocked on her. it wasn't like she was a virgin and pure and still had virtues. but, jesus, why is this woman so straight forward?

before she could even reply, marcel did it for her. "she would love to."

"marcel..."

"we can catch up another time, no worries," marcel said with genuine intentions.

astrid looked at him one last time before the two women walked out of the bar. this is exactly what i need. i went to new orleans for a distraction, she looked at erica as she led her towards her hotel, and this is a very, very, good distraction.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

hey... how yall doing... FTGUYDHIUEOJ IM SO SORRY ik i havent updated in a while and this is a very shitty chapter haha im so sorry

my mental health has been very... awful lately BUT im planning to get my life together in 2023 and my intial plan was to update all my fics on jan 1 but i decided to post this chapter today and make another one for jan 1 bcos this is acc so shitty so atleast u have jan 1 to be excited about

haha i know what ure thinking 'not another love interest' but guess what? idc !! astrid is hot af and people know it , she knows it ,  so What