08 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter eight

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

***

the following afternoon, valeri began to get ready for her date. she showered and did her normal routine, styling her curls into a green claw clip for her monochromatic outfit. as she laid out her clothes, she called sabrina. she answered with her face super close to the camera. "holaa," she said. she chose a black long sleeve followed by jeans, a green hoodie and green converse. 

"oh, you're so lucky i'm getting ready and can't take a picture of that," valeri said, glancing down briefly to see the various faces she was making. "anyways freak," she laughed. "i'm calling you to update you on your biggest priority, which is my love life," 

sabrina was ready for this, she's valeri's biggest supporter, of course she was. valeri explained everything from the past two days to sabrina whilst she asked questions about the tiniest details. valeri in the meantime had tried to contain sabrina's excitement for the end. 

"so yea, now he's on his way over and i'm really excited," there was a brief silence. 

"are you done now?" sabrina asked. valeri nodded and instantly there was a scream from the other end. "valeri why am i more excited than you? the fit from the waist up is perfect and you guys are going to be so cute together," sabrina complimented. she could only see so much but she loved what she could see. the two went back and forth about it all, including what valeri told nick and sabrina agreed that with time, it'll be better. 

"you and nick are the same when it comes to this stuff, hm?" valeri teased. 

"shut up, we're right. is he there yet?" she whined like a child. 

"yea, almost. i'll call you when i get home to tell you all the juicy details," she joked, laughing as she said it. 

"no, that's not a laughing matter, you will be calling me for all the juicy details," sabrina responded.

"okay, okay," valeri heard a car park at her house followed by the sound of a car door. after her she grabbed her keys and other items, she walked downstairs to the front door. while she walked down and collected her stuff she said bye to sabrina. 

"yea, have fun but not too much fun. i want you to be able to speak to me when i call,"

"you think i'm getting drunk at the beach? i'm 18,"

"no, i'm saying don't drown or do something stupid," valeri rolled her eyes at her.

"he's literally outside, leave," she said quickly. sabrina said her goodbyes while he rung the doorbell.

she opened the door almost as the facetime ended, catching her putting her phone in her pocket. "that was fast," he laughed. "i know someone's excited,"

"you've got it all wrong. the only one who's excited is abu and he's not even going. i'm just practical," abu was peaking out as she spoke, trying to get to his new favorite person (don't tell sabrina or nate). "abu no,  will take you out in second buddy, i gotta go," 

"bars," chris shruged. 

"shut up," she smiled.

after fighting with abu, she finally got him inside for her little sister to deal with. 

***

"how many warning signs til it hits you, darling, that gravity's your friend," they sang in the car. "you fall out of touch sometime, but your history calls you back to it again,"

"too many factors to be sure," valeri sang passing it to chris. 

"so many reasons to think twice," 

"and nobody asked you to before," 

"do you ever wonder why?" they danced in their seats as they pulled into the lot for the beach. 

"in all seriousness, you can have aux anytime," chris laughed. 

"i could say the same thing about you, i love dominic fike and mac miller," chris went into the trunk as they continued talking about music and other things. he pulled out a shopping bag his mom gave him and they started walking to the beach. "what's in the bag?" she tried to look. he switched to his other hand jokingly and covered the top.

"top secret, you'll see when we get there," they walked on the pier to the beach, finding a spot near the ocean but far enough that the tide wouldn't hit them. he placed the bag down and took out a small blanket for the two of them to sit on. most of the snow had melted due to the waves coming up and down the sand but also because of the rain that happens overnight.

valeri sat down next to him as he continued to take things out of his bag. two arizona cans and a bunch of other snacks that they liked. chris of course also brought two pepsis just in case. "thank you, these are my favorite," she said grabbing the box of the pink sugar cookies. "you really thought of everything though," she complimented, looking at the variety of snacks. there were chips, cookies, fruits, and drinks. he knew what he was doing.

"i don't know, i just wanted it to be really special for you. this is our second one on one and our first actual date so i couldn't skimp out,"

"but you'll skimp out on the others right?" valeri was using his own lines on him and she liked it. 

"there's going to be more?" he asked.

"oh, you're not denying it?" she said, almost mocking him. "perfect," as she giggled at her own cheesiness, he began to laugh as well. she leaned her body slightly on his chest as she broke off a piece of the cookie, still laughing. he looked down at her and couldn't help but smile as well.

***

i'm not tryna brag or anything but lowkey the next few chapters are my favs so you like basically HAVE to read them yk like it's customary

consider it a holiday gift bc i am not consistent rn...