24 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter twenty four

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

it had been three weeks since chris had spoken to valeri, and two weeks since his first- ish- official date with cynthia as a new couple. chris would check on her from time to time either on text messages or dms but he would be lucky to get the message opened. she'd been doing fine. of course, the next few days were rough, but in time she was able to collect and work on herself.

chris too was more mindful about his actions as he realized he was the cause of it all like everyone had been telling him but he needed to accept that before doing anything else. 

he planned to have cynthia over for the afternoon to just hang out and watch some movies and as he finished getting ready, she rang the door bell. she was a beautiful girl, kind, and charming, without a doubt but it wasn't their relationship that bothered everyone, it's how they got there and what they did to get there. 

nick was eager to open the door as he planned with matt to show that they were still around, as she would expect. he was once closer with her but after her cheating on his brother, he was right to pull away. "cynthia," he said with a fake smile. "i didn't know you and my brother had plans,"

"yea, we're going to be watching some movies, nothing major," she waited for her invitation into the home but nick was stunned at how quickly this was happening. he snapped out of it thanks to a cough from matt and let her in. her eyes immediately caught with trevor as she went over to pet him. "hi bubba," she cooed. "how are you?" she said softly, smiling at him as she bent down. 

trevor studied her hand and barked at her, not recognizing who it is right away and continuing when he does. she was shocked at his barking since he was never one to be too loud and stood with her mouth open. "that's funny, he like never barks," 

"if you annoy him he will," matt said eating a bag of chips from the kitchen. "dito?" he offered her. "sorry, i meant dorito. it's an inside joke we made," matt was being rude purposely, but it didn't help that as soon as he did chris walked in. he gave him a 'wtf' look but then brushed it off. he also had to understand that his brothers weren't going to like this change as it was happening so quickly and technically he was replacing a close friend of theirs. 

the couple greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek and chris took her coat while she took off her sneakers, leaving them by the entry. they went to the kitchen, got some snacks together and went to his room to just hang out. matt and nick were silent the majority of the time except for when she first got to the house. "this is not going to be fun for me at all, i can't stand her," matt complained once they were gone.

"is that because he cheated on chris or because you like valeri more?" he laughed. 

"both," matt shrugged. 

***

matt and nick were in nick's room on the phone with nate, sabrina and valeri while nick edited the video they filmed two nights ago so that he could post later that evening. the door was open so of course they could still hear everything that went on in the house. cynthia and chris came back down to but the plates and bowls away in the kitchen since their third movie had ended and they made plans to grab actual dinner. 

"where are we going again?" chris asked. 

"this restaurant in downtown la, it's really good," she answered. chris repeated himself and clarified he meant the address. 

"matt always yells at me when i don't have the address pulled up, it's just a habit now," he laughed. cynthia was in fact not laughing back, but annoyed at the fact that matt was even brought up. she knows he hates her and she hates him in return. 

"oh yea, the address is in my coat pocket. i'll grab it on the way out," they both walked down the stairs of their apartment and chris yelled out to tell his brothers he was leaving. 

"what was that?" valeri asked on the other end of nick's facetime call. 

"chris telling us he's leaving the house like we care," nick muttered, only half joking. 

valeri laughed on the other end of the call with sabrina as they all continued on with the conversation. she had no idea who he was with nor who he was going out with but that doesn't matter to her right now. as they went on with the conversation, they heard a loud scream. 

"oh my god!" cynthia yelled. valeri heard that one. 

"what the hell?" matt asked looking at nick. "was that cynthia?" nick abruptly hit him on the shoulder. "oh- valeri i'm sorry,"

"guys i'm fine, you can say her name around me i'm not gonna burst into tears. it's been like almost a month," she chuckled. sabrina felt proud that she'd move on and hugged her. 

"i have no idea what's going on so if anyone wants to inform me, thank you," nate joked. 

"nathan, i promise we will but we're gonna make sure everything's okay," matt answered as they left the phone in nick's room. they rushed out of the bedroom and into the entry area. "what's going on?"

"your dog, literally chewed up my shoes!" she yelled again. she was pissed and trevor still had a piece of the nike swoosh in his mouth. 

matt and nick looked at each other and tried their best not to laugh. matt broke out laughing and went to his dog. "aww, you chewed up her shoes trev," the dog was shaking from all the yelling. usually if it was from nick, matt, or chris, it wasn't a big deal because it was never targeted at him. "dude, it's not that serious and you're scaring my dog," he said looking up at her. 

"cynthia it's fine, trev's a puppy. i'll get you new ones," chris responded. 

"chris, why would she even leave her shoes on the floor, we have shelves for this shit," matt said back. "whatever, buy her shoes," he shrugged taking the last piece of the swoosh out of trev's mouth and throwing it away. nick looked at chris. 

"you can probably find them discounted," he had little words for this situation. it had just became apparent that this was simply not working out. 

"i'm sorry, i didn't think he would still do that. he hasn't done it for a while," he said carrying the dog upstairs so they can leave. "do you still want to go?" cynthia nodded her head while she put on her shoes. they were never messed up so bad to yell at trev, but seems like different people have different reactions.

***

be fr the dog don't even like you