34 || puppy love

┌───── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ─────┐

puppy love
𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐨
chapter thirty four

└───── °∘∘♡∘∘° ─────┘

valeri came back to the table soon after and sat in her seat. they all looked at her either wanting an explanation or something. "what?" she asked as if her now ex girlfriend didn't just storm out of the restaurant. "can we talk about it when we get back to someone's house, this bacon is too good to get cold," she said trying to lift up the room. they laughed with her and continued their very late- or very early depending on how you look at it- breakfast. 

"okay, i know you don't want to talk about it but are you okay?" sabrina whispered. 

"yes sab, i'm fine. we just got into a heated argument, i'll explain the rest when we get home. with details," sabrina cheered up and leaned her head on her shoulder, wrapping her arm around her and rubbing her arm. 

"i'm glad you know you can tell me everything," she smiled.

"you're my best friend and my roomate, how could i not?" valeri grinned back. 

***

on the way back, they played random songs and argued over aux and who has the best music taste until they finally arrived to the conclusion of going to sabrina and valeri's house.

"are you gonna talk about what happened? because if i need to swing on geor-" 

"nick, you won't need to swing on anyone, put the fists down," valeri giggled. "we just broke up over some stupid shit and it's whatever i'm fine," chris, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the car, looked in the right mirror to be able to see her. she was fine. 

when they had an argument the day that he had to pick her up, he noticed that was one of the lowests. very quiet, ignoring the outside world, in her own thoughts, lost. however now, it seems she's more willing to talk about it and it showed she wasn't as bothered as before. 

being honest, georgia's and valeri's relationship ended the night of the kiss. even if it was subconsciously, valeri purposely pushed her away. she was bisexual, 100%. but she felt devalued in their own relationship. was she not bisexual enough? 

sexuality is a hard thing to explain, especially on the spot. valeri had come out a little under a few months, how could you expect her to be ready for everything if she hadn't even told her parents?

after explaining everything and going over her feelings, they all began to comfort her. they were a tight-knit group of people despite only coming together just before christmas. a few months together clearly changed all of their lives. 

they stopped by a cvs to get a few snacks for the night with matt and nate getting out and the others waiting in the car. they were teased for being annoying and not leaving but in all fairness, matt and nate gave the option that they could stay, and so they did. 

they walked into valeri and sabrina's home and set up camp in their living room like they once did. they had an L shaped couch and a two seater in their living room as well as plenty of blankets to create a fort of some kind like they did many nights ago. 

"i'm taking the couch!" valeri said, running to jump in her spot. 

"me too!" sabrina and nate yelled. they glared at each other and raced to get to the opposite side of the two seater that valeri laid on. sabrina tripedd nate down and ended up winning. "now you four battle it out for the L couch because two of you are sleeping on the floor," she teased. 

"oh, it will not be me," nick said walking over and taking his place. the other three looked at each other and the one space on the couch. they shrugged and took their rightful placed on the ground. "exactly. you scum stay on the ground where you belong," nick jeered. matt, chris and nate all took one of the people on the couch and pulled them off so that they all laid flat on the floor. 

"welcome. we scum have been expecting you lot," matt said in a fake british accent. they all started laughing with the boys imitating their faces when they realized they fell off. 

"guys, stop i can't breathe," sabrina laughed. as they began to settle down, they decided floor sleepover it is. "okay wait, happy conversation. valeri, your birthday is at the end of the month, what are we going to do?" she asked. 

"i don't know, probably hang out with you guys?" she suggested, eating a few chips. 

"you can't just hang out with us for your birthday, that's boring," matt added, also taking her chips. she glared at him. "you know what i meant. we do it all the time, it needs to be special," 

"exactly," nate added. "plus you have to top sabrina," he joked. sabrina's birthday was march 1st which past a few weeks ago. she celebrated her 20th birthday with her close friends as she should have and it was amazing. valeri's birthday was later on this month on april 25th. 

they had a little under two weeks to plan, but they had ideas. "i'm only turning 19, it's not that big of a deal," she reasoned. 

"if you won't throw yourself a party i will," nick threatened. 

"fine, party time at my house," she caved.

they all cheered for her and began giving her all their ideas. she knew she found her place, her people and her second family. 

***

tehe <3