Story Chapter 2

As she was staring at the forest that viewed on her window, her mind drift away thinking of the weird 'Brave' guy she met at the forest 7 nights ago. She asked her friends if they know someone like him but they only laugh at her, thinking she was insane or delusional because of stress.

She sighed and went downstairs to grab something to eat, her mother went to her attorney for the divorce filed by her father, and it hurts her on their selfish act, that's the reason why she went to party before and drunk several hard drinks for her to escape reality, she sat and ate in silence as she shove away the thought regarding her problem. As she finished her food she walk a bit just to get rid of boredom, she reach the backyard and she saw her Grandmother going in and she walk towards her grandmother, 'Hey Granny, what's up?' She asked 'Hello Pumpkin, I'm finding your Grandfather's old document.' She nod as a response 'Oh I see, can I offer a hand Granny?' 'Sure, you're on the right side and I'm on left'  she left and go to where her granny pointed.
Dust enveloped her the moment she come in and as she walk her footsteps echoed on the floor. Old things from documents to furniture where placed as if years took them over,  she curiously walk towards the three rectangular frames covered with black  clothes , she took off the black cover of the first frame and  it's an old painting of place that look familiar to her and she marveled it's  beauty, she wonder why her Granny seem not to hung it on her house. And  as she took off the third one, familiarity and weird feeling crept into her as she stare at the painting. There were a boy wearing a familiar weird cloth and a girl in a old fashioned ball gown. They were facing each other under the pale moonlight and they were holding each other hands and as she stare at the girl, she's wearing a necklace that shimmer in a split of seconds, she blinked , thinking it might be her imagination.

She was awaken in my reverie when... 'Pumpkin, did you find it there?.' Thinking of what to answer. 'Just a sec, I'll say it to you when I find it here Granny.' She set aside the paintings and look for her Grandpa's documents and later on she found it and handed it to her Granny. They were about to lock the storage house when she remember her cellphone and she left it inside, she immediately went inside and grab her phone when she stop when she saw the second painting covered with black cloth. Something's inside her pulled her to look what's on the second painting.   So she took it off and it surprised her that on the painting was a man who look exactly like The 'Brave' Guy, complete with the weird clothes and his playful grin. 'Honey,did you find your phone?' She hear Granny said as she approach her. 'Oh why was face got pale?' Instead of answering her, her eyes still on the painting. Her Granny seem to know the answer so she said. 'That's Briano Mendleton, my great grandmother's friend and lover of my great grandmother's twin sister, pretty lad isn't it?.'
Still in shock, she stare at the painting of the guy he met, 'Does that mean? He was a ghost?' She shake that thought hoping that her friends were true of her being insane. 'Yeah he's handsome Granny, can you tell me his story?'
Granny look at her with questioning eyes saying what happened to you today. She answered just to kill that look 'You see Granny I'm bored, Mom doesn't want me to join a party on Lisa's house.' Her Granny nod satisfied with her answer. 'Well let's go to our house, I'll prepare snacks while telling you history.' So they lock the storage house and headed to their house.

They were on the kitchen, she was sitting in the chair of dining table and her Granny just finished making  her sweet tea,  she sit and began telling story of Briano Mendleton.
'When I was 8 years old your great great grandmother told me a story of her youthful days with her twin sister and her friend Briano. They met Briano when they attend a Ball Party sponsored by his family and right after that night Briano's father and mother got killed and my Grandma's twin sister named Clarissa witnessed it. The killers saw her but Briano was there too and he save Clarissa by running. My Grandma's parents adopt Briano and they become happy, Later on the two, Clarissa and Briano developed deep feelings to each other so they become lovers. They didn't have problem, but when Briano pursue his want to be a soldier, it become the root of their quarrel. But because they love each other, it didn't broke them, until when the killers of Briano's parents came again to kill Briano to get what they were looking for, my Grandma didn't say it. And Briano knows it that's why one day he leave and didn't show up. Clarissa didn't know about it she was really happy to receive a medallion from Briano, and when she discovered that Briano left, she didn't got mad. She believes that one day Briano will come back, but years after Briano didn't show up until her last breath.'  Granny stopped for a while and then talked again 'The paintings you saw earlier where Clarissa's creation' she stood up and fixed the plates. The story was finish so she was about to leave when her Granny say something that crept her being. 'Know why your Mom named you Clarice? Because you looked exactly like Clarissa.'