You Know I Hate You...

Sorry for any present/past tense mistakes, i've been writing a longer story in present tense and I got used to it.

this is another two parter, so my apologies for anyone who just wants me to get to the spice.
-Jacky

     "Fucking seriously?" I groaned quietly upon stepping into the hotel room. Tyler was lying on a bed on the far wall, scrolling through his phone.

     "Hi." He glanced up and gave a small wave.

     "Hi." I throw my backpack down and immediately storm to Alexandra and the others' room and bang on the door. She opens it slightly, clearly having expected this reaction.

     "Hiiii TJ...!" she exclaims feebly. I push the door open.

     I immediately snap at her, "Why is he in my room?"

     "I mean it's technically not your room-"

     "Why the fuck is he in my room?!"

     "I'm sorry, we didn't have enough space and he said he was fine with it-"

     "Why didn't you bother to ask me??"

     "TJ, please, this is literally the only option we have. Ellie and Dan won't swap for anyone and I have 4 people in a room for 2."

     I stand for a minute, pissed beyond recognition before stomping away and back to my room to meet the man who will undoubtedly make this trip hell. "That was faster than I thought it would be." He smiled.

     "I'm too jetlagged to punch anyone right now," I sighed, earning a chuckle, and throw my bag on the ground. Only then did I notice that Tyler was sitting on the only bed in the room. Why was this happening to me?

     I've disliked Tyler for years now. I can barely remember what our feud was even about. Something happened when he was dating a friend of mine maybe? I'm a forget, not forgive kind of person.

Anyway. Since he became friends with Alexandra I've had to learn how to tolerate him. Not like, tolerate. Something about the way he talks really grates me. His smile, too. The worst part is his actual voice, though. It's breathy and annoying and I can't fucking stand it. And now I have to share a room with him. With one bed.

     "You okay?" he asked, a concerned look on his face. It didn't suit him.

     "Fine," I snapped again and started checking the wardrobes and closets for bedding or a mattress. The single room didn't have a couch, just an armchair in the corner. I found a scratchy white blanket, but nothing else. Without skipping a beat I began setting up a bed on the floor.

     "You're not even going to fight me for the bed?" He chuckled again. It made me nauseous.

     "Nope."

     "I would have just given it to you," he reasoned, hands outstretched.

     I can't fucking take this. "Tyler, I'm just going to try to get through the night, okay? Is that okay?" His posture changed. He slumped over a little more, making himself smaller. He went back to his phone. I felt a pang of guilt, though I'm not sure why. Something about him hunched over his phone with the sad look in his eyes hurt me a little. But that was silly. I spent a couple more minutes setting up my makeshift bed and opened my suitcase. He motioned for me to go ahead and get ready, he would be in the bathroom.

     When the bathroom door closed, I propped my bag against it just in case he came out before I was ready. We were all going out for drinks that night, so I had to decide on one of the party dresses I had brought. After some trial and error I decided on a slender backless black dress that made my ass look fantastic.