13

Connor's POV

"Mum, my friend is coming over in about 10 minutes" I announced fixing the collar of my sweater, trying to look presentable for Troye.

I got little to no sleep last night as I stayed up worrying about lying to my parents. I wanted to tell them I'm gay, I wanted to let the world know but I was scared and I still am, but I don't feel right about not telling them the truth.

I heard a knock on the front door causing me to run out of my room, down the stairs and into the living room where my mum was conversing with Troye.

"I see you've met Troye then mum" I said, laughing slightly as she asked him about how we became friends.

"Well.. we bumped into one another at the dance and began talking. We realised we had quite a bit in common so we decided to become friends" he practically cringed at the last word as he spoke.

Luckily my mother didn't notice this as we walked into the next room, sitting with the rest of my family at the dining room table.

I noticed Nicola followed us in, I wasn't aware at the fact she had been in the living room with us prior to now.

We continued a casual conversation, most of it on the topic of Troye as my family tried to get to know him better.

After Troye had gone home I ventured off to my room again only to be stopped by my sister Nicola.

"Con, I know something is up and I want you to talk to me about it" she spoke remaining calm, while inside I was freaking out.

•••
AN: FANART! ;) SUSPENSE!