it should've been me - angst

The Balladeer lies down on the thick snow, not caring about the blizzard that's about to arrive. three people betrayed him, now there was a fourth: fate itself. he stared into the sky that was turning darker gray. the blizzard is gonna arrive any moment now, he thought. he didn't care if he was gonna be seen by the other fatui harbingers, he just wants to lie down in the snow with his dying lover as Kazuha slowly lost consciousness. but now that the environment around him was getting wilder the more the storm came, The Balladeer sat up and gently held Kazuha as he wrapped his arms around the dying lover. even if he never felt such despair, he didn't show much emotion. he didn't shed a single tear. but how dare they?! fate has killed the lover he oh, so loved, and no one saved him otherwise. Kazuha was stiff as a dead body, but The Balladeer did not care. he continued to hold him tight as the storm raged harder by the minute. he slowly stood up with his dead lover, and for some reason, he saw The Doctor. he knew he killed his dearest Kazuha. oh, was he filled with such rage that he gave The Doctor a glare so angry that...Dottore was confused. The Balladeer stared at him, glaring once more, and walked in the opposite direction. he continued walking away from the eye of the storm.

'I wish I wasn't a puppet. if only I was the one that died, then my dearest would've been alive, still.'