his companion

as I watch the sunset with Kazuha, I recall the memories I made with him. it was a splendid love life. I look at my dearest, and as I observed, he liked the view. the sunset looks beautiful on a peak in Sumeru. with him and me watching the sunset after walking along the river to get here, it felt like hundreds of years of peace. I never had peace, it was just a cycle of fighting. but now that I have him and have been reprogrammed, I never felt this loved, but I hid the feelings entirely. even if I don't have a heart, with him it felt like I had one, and it was the best feeling I have ever had. he loved me, and I loved him. It was all that mattered right now. until he confessed something, which made me feel surprised but secretly happy.

'love.'
'hm?'
'may I say something?'
'do what you want, do what you say, I will not care.'
'oh, you hurt sometimes, but I'll say it before I leave.'
'okay.'

he took his time giving himself courage as I waited patiently for whatever he's gonna say. he took a deep breath and slowly spoke.

'I know we've been roaming around the land separated, and I want to know if you would--uhm...'
'what?'
'...is it possible for you to be my companion? if you and Nahida approve of course--I mean you don't need to come with me I have cats on the ship as my companion and stuff but I uhm--'
'oh.'
'...'
'if Nahida approves, then I'm coming with you, I guess.'

he lifted his head up and so did his spirit. he smiled and said a 'thank you' to me. he hugged me right after, and I hugged him back. I smiled as well, but I just hope he doesn't notice, he might tease me. but at least I'm his companion now, it feels nice.