chapter twenty^one

{clara}
7:00 pm

I was as nervous as ever, tonight I am telling Bill that I am ready to get back together. I got ready and went downstairs, Alex was in the living room watching tv, "Where you going pretty girl?" "To the fair," "Alright, your uncle is out at the moment, but when he gets back I will let him know," "Thanks Alex." I made my way to the fair, as I got closer I saw all of my friends waiting near the entrance. Bev squealed when she saw me, "Clara!!!" "Bev!!!." She wrapped me in a quick hug, and I greeted the others. The boys went to the ticket booth to get tickets while Bev and I stood a little off to the side. She looked at me seriously, "Are you okay? I know it's been 14 years today, since the accident," "I'm fine Bev, I didn't even know them," "It's still gonna hurt though," "I just push the pain away, they would want me to be happy," "Your absolutely-." Bev cut off, she looked distracted, I looked to where she was looking and froze. My Bill Denbrough was locking lips with...Violet VanHoren?!? Bev marched up to them and I followed along, Bev pulled Bill off of her, "WHAT THE FUCK BILL!?!?" "I-I didn't do anything, s-she came on t-to me. She wouldn't l-let go," "Your such a liar! You do realize this isn't the first time you've been caught kissing right?." They've kissed before...what? Ponyboy walked up and froze when he saw all of us awkwardly standing there with a feeling of rage, he cleared his throat, "Uhm...what's happening?" Richie scoffed, "Bill is kissing your girl," "What?." Bill spoke up, "I didn't k-kiss her, she k-kissed me! I swear." The losers didn't speak, finally Eddie spoke up, "We didn't see what happened Bill, so we can't stick up for you," "Y-yeah, but you guys k-know me! I l-love Clara," "You obviously didn't when you kissed Violet at the drive-in." My heart sank, I looked at Bill as tears formed in my eyes, "Tonight I was gonna tell you that I was ready to get back together...I changed my mind." I ran away with Bill calling after me.

{bev}
7:35 pm

I looked at Bill pissed, "I can't believe you would do that to her," "I-I didn't k-kiss Violet!! Violet t-tell them." She batted her eyelashes all innocent like, "Ponyboy went to grab me a drink and then the next thing I know, Bill is kissing me." Ponyboy glared at Bill, "What the hell bill!?! I thought this whole plan was for you to get Clara, not get Violet," "I DIDNT FUCKING KISS HER." We all stared at him wide-eyed, the losers walked away, Ponyboy and Violet strolled away, it was just me and Bill. I looked at him, "Look, I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that nobody has proof about any of this. You need to figure things out and fix things with Clara before it's too late." I walked away leaving him there.

{bill}
8:00 pm

I swear I didn't kiss Violet, here's what really happened. I was waiting in line with the boys, a little bit away from me stood Violet and Ponyboy. She asked him to get her a drink, so he did. She looked over at Clara and Bev, making sure they could see her and me. She quickly grabbed me and pulled me towards her, she placed her lips onto mine and continued pulling me closer. I couldn't get out of the tramps grip, so as you can see....Violet is the real culprit.

I made my way home by slowly walking through town depressed, I just never win with anyone. I got to my house and walked inside, my father called me into the kitchen. His face softened when he saw me, "Billy? Are you alright?" "N-Not exactly." I explained to him about what had happened, he looked at me genuinely, "Do you love her?" "Yes," "How do you know?" "D-dad...I-," "It's a simple question...how do you know?" "B-because nothing m-makes sense without h-her." He looked at me seriously, "I know she loves you, and I know she will forgive you...go to her Bill," "You s-said you d-don't want me out a-alone in the d-dark-," "Go to her Bill."

{clara}
8:45 pm

I laid with my face down into my pillow as I sulked, I was devastated. How could he kiss someone like Violet VanHoren, twice?!? I was pulled out of my thoughts when my bedroom door slowly opened, Bill stepped inside and shut the door. I tried to avoid eye contact, "I told you I changed my mind," "C-Can I just explain?" "What is there to explain Bill? You were kissing Violet, we all saw," "Y-You didn't see w-what really h-happened." I listened to him as he explained his version of the story, I looked at him confused, "You kissed Violet and then made a plan with Ponyboy for him to distract her, and then he ends up falling head over heels for her. Then tonight she kisses you," "Y-yes! I swear," "Bill, you didn't have to hide from me that you kissed her at the drive-in a few weeks ago. Me and you are broken up, I can't get mad at you for that," "I-I just f-felt so guilty C-Clara, I didn't m-mean to kiss her....I j-just really m-missed you," "I have been missing you since the day I left you." He came and sat down next to me on my bed, "Clara, I-I love you...and I-I know I do b-because nothing m-makes sense w-without you."
__________________________________
~kas