1. take me back to tokyo

Tokyo- 2017

The world around you brightened as you opened your eyes. It seemed like the perfect day, but uneasiness quickly surrounded you. It wasn't just the fact that you were laying in an uncomfortable position for the past few hours and now had a massive kink in your neck. What you were feeling is something that you didn't have to deal with for years.

Something was different in your mind. You knew that you would be hit with emotions, but your soul still felt unprepared.

It was as if there had been a hurricane forming within yourself. A cyclone full of worry, doubt, and regret. Although your plane had just landed, the warning sirens started to set off in your mind telling you to turn back now or be consumed by the storm.

You never thought that you would be back here. Not like this.

You thought you would be able to set your past aside, continue the life of luxury that you had started in New York, and maybe even settle down whether that be on your own or in the impossible chance you would find a spouse. However, like your friend, Kento Nanami, you found out that it was never that easy.

You went to Jujutsu high when you lived in Tokyo because you found out that you had the ability to see curses. Who knows why you could do this, but you were stuck with it.

That ability within itself was a curse.

The easier path would've been to leave it alone. Ignore your surroundings and pretend that everything was okay. Convince yourself over and over again that it was just the way that things were in society and nothing could help it. You wished that you had the ability to control and manipulate your thoughts into forgetting about it all.

Oh, how your life would be so much easier.

Looking towards the more treacherous path, you saw danger. Not only that, but there were others on that path not knowing that they were in jeopardy.

You couldn't go on with your seemingly perfect life knowing there was danger around you and not do anything about it. You needed to lead others away from the treacherous path, even if it meant you had to go through it yourself.

That's why you decided to come back.

No matter how much curses or the Jujutsu world frightened you at times, it felt like it was your responsibility to come back.

Even after what had happened with Suguru Geto years ago, you couldn't just run away. Well, that was one of the reasons why you did run away for a while.

After finding out what he did, it had further confirmed to you that the Jujutsu world was corrupted. You didn't know the exact reason why he did it and you honestly didn't want to know. As you like to think of it, knowledge is power, but too much knowledge can lead you into insanity.

You couldn't help but think that maybe he had a good reason. He didn't seem like the type of person to do what he did, so there had to be a valid reason. What else could drive a person to do such a thing?

You became conflicted. Conflicted about not only the Jujutsu world as a whole, but the people that you had surrounded yourself with during your time as a Jujutsu sorcerer.

The people you've talked, fought, laughed, and grieved with may not have been the type of people you thought they were. You doubted your soul's ability to judge one's character, and even when you did, it wasn't a guarantee that their character was inherently good.

You had to separate yourself from the madness before you had the chance to be consumed by it.

As soon as you graduated from Jujutsu high and were promoted to a first grade sorcerer, you packed your bags and took your savings to start a new life. Fortunately, you were able to work hard and start a multi-million dollar company. However, even all the money you could ask for didn't insure your constant happiness.