Chapter 7

We got out of Clint's car, "It feels so good to stand," I said, we had been in the car for sixteen hours. I walked over to Clint and Kate followed me with Lucky, "Hey, are you sure this is okay? " I asked.

"I'm telling you, they're very excited to meet you," Clint said as he juggled the gifts in his hand.

"Daddy!" Clint's youngest said.

"Hey, buddy, Merry Christmas," Clint said.

"You made it," Lila said, "You kept your promise."

"Here, take something," Clint handed his kids the gifts.

"What's your name?" Nathaniel asked.

"This is Kate. Come on in. Let's go. It's cold," Barton said.

"You made it," Clint's wife said. Clint walked over to her and gave her a hug. Kate and I ran in, both following Lucky's lead.

"Ah! The dog is so cute. What's his name?" Nathaniel asked.

"That's Lucky," Kate said,

"Lucky the pizza dog," I added.

"Brought home a couple of strays," Clint said.

"Hi," Kate said.

"Hey," I said.

"This is Kate and Lizzie," Barton said.

"Welcome, Kate, Lizzie. So good to have you," Laura hugged both of us. We sat on the couch as the kids opened gifts. Clint took Kate outside and she walked back in smiling. She walked over to me as the kids and Laura went to play outside.

"I'm Hawkeye," she said.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, I know." I smiled and gave her a hug.

"I, I actually got you something," I said reaching out in my bag, "I got other things for you but the fire ruined a lot of them." I handed Kate a box, she unwrapped it, inside was a necklace. The necklace had an arrow and the words best in the world written on it. Kate smiled.

"I guess it's even more relevant now Hawkeye," I said. She gave me a hug and then put the necklace on.

"I got you something too," Kate handed me a box. It was a necklace that had Kate engraved on it. "Now you'll always have a piece of me with you." I gave Kate a hug then handed her the necklace,

"Put it on me," I said. Kate put the necklace on me. I turned back to her. "Look, I do need to talk to you about something, I'm really bad at opening up to people, I've never had someone I could go to, and now I do and I'm getting used to it. I talked a lot about a friend I had. I told you before my parents kicked me out and all, well there was someone, that friend who took me under her wing and helped me so much, it was uh, Natasha Romanoff." Kate nodded, "She was the only person I had for so long and then she died and someone else came into my life," I smiled, "You Kate and you mean so much to me, that's why I can't lose you," I felt tears trickle down my cheek.

"I love you so much," Kate said as she pulled me into a hug, "so much.

"Me too Kate," I said. I broke away from her, "Ok, enough of my sad shit," I wiped my eyes,

"Let's go play outside. with everyone else," Kate smiled at me.

"Of course my love," she said. 

-------------------

Words: 548 

That's all!!! Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Also HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! (if you don't celebrate Christmas)