Chapter Eighteen

Waiting for Mark to get more alert about his surroundings and appear sober, Donghyuck pulled out his phone and texted Renjun that he'd come home soon. He then asked how Noram was doing, as even when he barely had parental instincts, he still cared for the kid and would've been concerned knowing something was wrong.

Renjun texted that Noram was doing great. After abusing one TV channel for hours straight, he fell asleep on the couch and was still sleeping. Donghyuck sighed in relief. His future kid was in good hands.

"How did that man even get to you?" Mark asked suddenly, making Donghyuck flinch.

They didn't talk after their last conversation cut off. That's why the younger was surprised by Mark's question. Not only did he ask about that man again, but he also started the conversation first.

"I accidentally danced with him," Donghyuck chuckled. "My bad."

"Did he stalk you just because of that?"

"I bet he thought I was interested in him. But gays, just like anyone, have a type, and he wasn't my type at all," he said bitterly. "Anyway, it was the first time an old man stuck to me."

"Of course, because you only have flings with my team members, also known as young people."

Donghyuck sensed an argument approaching, but he wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah, of course. Aren't you attracted to women around your age instead of old?"

"Don't change the subject. I said that you almost slept with my whole team. I can't believe that Jeno is also a part of that."

"Don't start this all over again," Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "We just talked normally."

"It's you who always makes it hard," Mark replied with a groan.

"I bet my fate is to annoy the shit out of you. What do you think?"

"Just stop."

Donghyuck laughed but stopped right after. He locked his eyes on the half-empty parking lot and started thinking about Noram again. For some reason, not only did he want to return home, but he also wanted to draw the kid into his arms and fall asleep. Noram had that calming energy, surprisingly. Although he was usually loud and talkative, he was like a walking therapy.

"Donghyuck?"

The latter hummed, trying not to show that he was surprised by Mark that night. This guy had already started the conversation first a few times, even though he wanted the younger to stay silent.

"What does it feel to be gay?"

Dongyuck felt as if he was thunderstricken. Whipping his head to Mark, the boy smiled teasingly.

"Why are you asking that? Are you secretly gay, hyung?"

"No," Mark said firmly. "I want to know how it feels. How can you be so confident, and why do you hate me."

"I hate you because you hate me, first of all," Donghyuck snorted. "I like being gay just like you like being hetero. You're proud, you're bragging, and so do I. That's just how it works."

"How does it feel?"

"What do you mean how does it feel? Being gay doesn't change your DNA. I'm still a human. I don't have superpowers or something."

"How does it feel kissing a guy, then?"

Donghyuck paused. Then snickered.

"Bro, I have some bad news for you. I'm pretty sure you just came out to me."

"Don't be stupid. I'm just asking," Mark hissed. "You're experienced enough to know stuff like this."

"You gotta learn everything yourself. Go watch some BL movies or something. That would totally―"