Final Verdict: 1.5/2

"Sasuke Uchiha, the last standing bloodline, besides Itachi Uchiha. You have committed several heinous crimes and they're far too serious to be ignored." One Kage says, my eyes not looking to see who it is.

"His crimes are: Leaving his village and becoming a Rogue ninja." Hearing that, my hands start to sweat knowing what's coming next. "Teaming up with Orochimaru, willingly letting Orochimaru pursue his experiment―"

"I'm... worried..." Sasuke murmurs, his shaky voice barely reaching my ears.

"I'm scared too," I murmur to him in return.

The person continues to list Sasuke's crimes. "Kidnapping Konoha's Jinchiriki, becoming a member of the Akatsuki terrorist organization, attacking the Kage summit disrupting a conference, and killing several dozen Samurai."

Tsunade shifts uncomfortably in her seat as I peek in her direction. She's unable to say what's on her mind and my dad is visibly trying to figure out how to save Sasuke. Both are exchanging silent glances and I know Sasuke has been trampled by his heinous crimes.

My mind starts to interfere as I finally hear everything Sasuke has done; He only has said surface-level crimes, not murder. He killed his clan, but... What is this? And... He joined Orochimaru? Why? When did he find time to do that? How long... No... I can't think correctly.

"Please..." Sasuke tightens his hold on my hand when I try to remove it. "Don't let go. I need you."

"You left those crucial details out, Sasuke. How long have been doing this?"

"Not long, I promise." Sasuke nearly flinches when he spots Itachi entering the room. His alibi and the witness to his crimes. Of course, the village needs everything and everyone to play a part in this matter. "Naruto..."

"He's here temporarily," I say reassuringly, still waiting for the excuses to rise in my head.

The excuses where die-hard lovers come up with to gloss over murder as if it's dust on someone's shoulder. I can't romanticize this... I can't believe what I'm hearing.

What in the world has Sasuke been doing? Why did he purposely not tell me this?

I would've stood next to him if I had a few days, maybe weeks, beforehand to prepare for this.

"Naruto, please don't get upset." Sasuke murmurs, seemingly afraid that my impassive expression means something other than stoicism.

"I want to hear the reason, Sasuke." I try to remove my hand again, but Sasuke refuses to let go of it. I give up and let him hold my hand longer. "I may not seem like it, Sasuke, but I'm not going to choose the wrong side blindly. If you refuse to explain yourself, I'm not sure what our relationship will end up as."

Itachi's eyes look in our direction, causing Sasuke to look away from everyone. "I'll respect any decision you make, but please... give my explanation a few days."

"It depends on what you say, Sasuke."

"I know."

"Itachi Uchiha," Gaara stands from his seat and reads from the paper, "this states that you're no longer working for the Akatsuki and this village. Does Sasuke play a part in your reasoning?"

"My brother is someone who leads his own path. I lead my own. If I terminate my previous decision then I have done it out of my own willingness. I cherish Sasuke, but please refrain from including him in my decision-making. He's an adult who isn't in control of my adult decisions."

Why extend your statement in that matter, Itachi? It sounds a bit bitter from someone else's perspective.

"Agreed." Gaara looks up from the paper. "However, when Sasuke was still a teenager, you did play a part in his decision-making at that age, did you not?"