27

I wake up and everything is unknown for me. I groan when I feel my body being heavier than usual.

"Tess?" I feel him taking my hand and I slowly open my eyes, seeing him sitting next to me.

"Where am I?"

"Hospital. Are you okay?"

"My head hurts... what happened?"

"You were unconscious for a few hours..."

"Do you need anything?"

"Water..." He moves quickly and I hear him pouring some water in a glass. Then he comes to me and he helps me to drink water.

"Do you remember what happened, baby?"

"I was taking a break, so I went to our table to drink my cocktail. Candy was there and I talked with her. When I finished my drink, I felt dizzy and I needed to go to the bathroom. But suddenly, my vision was blurred. I saw you at the entrance before everything went black."

"I have never should left your side!" He says angrily and I take his hand. Why he thinks it's his fault?

"Hardin... It's not your fault."

"It is. I left you and this happened. What if I hadn't come back in that moment?"

"I'm fine, now." We are interrupted by a knock at the door and then a young doctor comes in.

Dr.: "Hello! I'm Conrad Hawkins, your doctor. How are you feeling... Theresa?"

Tessa: "It's Tessa. And I'm feeling well. I feel my body heavy... Why?"

Dr.: "It's normal to feel like this when you were drugged."

Tessa: "What?"

Hardin: "What are you saying, doctor?"

Dr.: "We took some blood sample to do some tests. You had GHB in your system. This is a drug used at parties and I suppose someone spiked your drink."

Hardin: "I know what it is!" He says nervously. "Tess... did you drink anything from a stranger?"

Tessa: "No! You bought my cocktails."

Dr.: "Someone wants to hurt you? If yes, you should go to the police."

Tessa: "What if Candy..."

Hardin: "No, Tessa! We are friends for a long time. She would never do something like this."

Dr.: "I want to keep you here until morning and if you will feel okay, you can go home. Now, excuse me." He leaves.

"Hardin, the last time when I drunk from my glass everyone was there, then you went out with the boys and Candy was alone there. And let's remember that she's doesn't like me being your girlfriend. She has a good reason to do this."

"I know she doesn't like you, but why she would do that?"

"Why? Because she wants me away from you!"

"I will talk with her when you will feel better." He takes my hand.

"Where are the others?"

"Oh, shit. I forget that they are waiting for some news. Nora, Lexie and Landon are outside."

"Tell them to go home. And you should do the same. I will be fine alone for a few hours."

"You really think I'm going to leave your side? I'm going to tell them to go home." He kisses my forehead and he leaves. And a few minutes later, he is back with my bag and some food.

"Nora bought you food."

"So sweet of her. Can you help me to sit?"

"Yes." He helps me to sit and then he gives me my food.