50

I don't know if I should run to him, but I decide to stay still, looking at him running to me. What is he doing here today?

"What are you doing here, Hardin? Last time when we were together, you left me like a whore!"

"I know and I'm sorry. I was stupid then, but now... I want you back. And why are you outside? You shouldn't get married?"

"How do you know this? And what do you mean by wanting me back?" He... he remembers?

"Landon told me yesterday that you're going to marry..."

"And still, why are you here? Last time I was an affair, a stranger. Why are you back, now?"

"You are not a stranger anymore... I remember everything, Tess... Let's run away. I know you were waiting for this moment for a long time..."

"You really remember?" I say with tears in my eyes.

"I do, baby. Come here." He opens his arms for me and I'm attracted like a magnet in his arms. I missed this. I missed him and I think I'm going to run away with him. I burry my head in his chest and we stay just like this, hearing our breaths. We're hugging each other until I decided to talk. I lift my head and I look at him, still with tears in my eyes.

"I don't want to marry him, Hardin... I want to be with you. I want to start from the beginning..."

"I want the same thing, love." He takes my face between his hands. "Let's run away together."

"You are crazy!" I smile.

"I'm crazy about you. Let's run away, so we can recover all these months we lost."

"What the others will say?"

"Who cares what they will say? I want us to be happy, not the people around us. I only love you and you are the only woman I want, do you understand this?"

"Then... let's run away."

He moves closer to me and he kisses me. I have missed his lips a lot. This kiss is a kiss full of passion and love, a kiss I was waiting for months. Now, he's back and he's mine and I won't let him go again. I still love him. I never stopped loving him, I was lying myself and the people around us. I'm glad he's here today. If he wasn't here, God knows what I would have done. We kiss until we're out of breath and we just stare at each other.

"I love you, Hardin."

"And I love you, Tess."

Richard: "Tessa? It's time to..." He stops when he sees Hardin.

Tessa: "I can't do this, dad. Not now when he's back."

Richard: "Then don't do it. I never was happy with you decision. Leave, I will tell them that you left."

Tessa: "Are you being serious?"

Richard: "Yes! I want to see you happy and I don't saw you happy with Trevor. And if this man..." He points to Hardin. "Make you happy, then go."

Tessa: "Thank you, dad!" I go to hug him.

Hardin: "Richard, I promise to take care of you daughter and to make her happy."

Richard: "You better! Or else, I will take out my old gun. I could try it on you."

Tessa: "Dad!"

Hardin: "I will make her happy. I promise."

Tessa: "What are you going to tell them?"

Richard: "That you weren't ready for this. It's too soon to get married. Now, leave. They will get worried soon because you're not coming."