Chapter 20: Gigi & Jacy Show Off Their Toxic Side

Things had gone off the boil for Toxic Attraction's Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne ever since they lost the NXT Women's Tag Team Titles to Katana Chance and Kayden Carter, and now, with Mandy Rose having been released from WWE, they were left in a crossroads as to what would happen to them going forward. Sure, they did make their debut on Smackdown and won that match, but no other opportunities have materialised for the pair. As much as they didn't want to deep down, they thought it would be best to maybe focus on their singles careers, beginning with Jacy turning on Gigi. And now, Gigi was in the potential title picture, in a fatal 4 way against Roxanne, Kiana and Blair, which she would lose. But one special thing still did connect Gigi and Jacy outside the ring - Josh Stevens. The number one contender to Carmelo Hayes' NXT title. Ever since Mandy left, Josh had tutored them and taken them under his wing, trying new moves with them and training them. And tonight, after his match against Trick Williams, the girls would have their own way to thank him. Just before he headed to gorilla, Gigi shot him a text.

Room 274. After the show. We're gonna give you a night you won't forget...

He just smiled at the sight of what she said as it was clear to him what she and Jacy were after. But he couldn't focus on that now, as he had his match with Trick to concentrate on. And as both he and Hayes were bragging about the latter's dominance since he won the belt, Josh then came out and interrupted them.

Josh: Guys, guys, guys... hush your gums and open those ears. Melo, you may have been top dog around here since you won that title from Bron, but you're not the only one here who has gone to war with him and lived to tell the tale. I fought tooth and nail against him to get to this point, and at No Mercy, I will complete the final chapter of my story. I haven't competed for the NXT title before... EVER. And I've been here 3 years.

Josh then got up in the ring and went face to face with both Hayes and Williams.

Josh: So trust me when I say... that there is NOTHING and NOBODY else on the roster who both WANTS and NEEDS to win that belt.

Melo didn't say anything. Instead, he and Trick just backed away towards the ropes, showing a little intimidation. Until Trick tried to jump Josh from behind and get an advantage for their match. But it didn't work as Trick went out to the apron for a springboard but Josh caught him through the ropes with a spear. And he followed that up with a suicide dive, with Trick showing very little movement. Melo and Josh then went face to face and just when it looked like Melo would help his friend, he backed up the ramp and towards the backstage area.

Josh: You don't wanna get involved? Well, what happens next is on you!!!

Josh then rolled Trick back in the ring and had him set for his Mirror Image piledriver, all while Melo only watched on. And Josh proceeded to hit it not just once, but twice, both with a bit of extra oomph added. Josh knew he had won, and looked straight at Melo as he covered Trick for the three count.

Announcer: Here is your winner, Josh Stevens!

No Mercy couldn't come soon enough for these two, as they would tear the house down and more. But right now, Josh had other things on his mind. Like, what he would do with Gigi and Jacy when he got to their hotel room. And after a 25 minute car journey, he arrived at the hotel room and was hesitant in knocking, but took a deep breath and entered, with his jaw dropping to the floor as to what... or rather, who, he saw in the bed.

 or rather, who, he saw in the bed