Chapter 7: Billie Means Business

After breaking up from Peyton after their loss on Raw to The Riott Squad a few months ago, Billie was now on Smackdown, and now had a new gimmick of handing out her resume, offering her services to those interested. This week, she even had a special copy made for a very special person in particular, as well as a few special pictures to go with it. She was watching the end of his Intercontinental Championship triple threat match against Baron Corbin and Jey Uso, in which he had retained with his vicious underhook piledriver, Mirror Image on Corbin.

Greg: Here is your winner and STILL Intercontinental Champion, Josh Stevens!

As Josh held his title up high, Apollo Crews, Dominik Mysterio and Shinsuke Nakamura all came down to the ring to stake their claim for a shot at the belt. As all 6 men got in each others faces, Adam Pearce then came out to make an announcement. Billie looked on with a bit of worry on her face, as she had recently developed feelings for Josh ever since he won the belt back at Hell In A Cell from Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and the then champion, Sami Zayn.

Adam: So it seems that all of you gentlemen want a crack at Mr Stevens' title. In that case, I'm here to tell you all that at Elimination Chamber in 2 weeks, Josh Stevens will defend the Intercontinental Championship INSIDE the Elimination Chamber against all of you men in the ring. The best of luck to you all.

Billie couldn't believe it. She had to do something to try and help Josh. So when he got backstage, title in hand, she rushed over to him.

Billie: Josh! Josh, wait!

Josh: What's up, Billie?

Billie: Look, I know you're in for the fight of your life at Elimination Chamber. So I just wanted to give you this.

She handed him the special copy of her resume and the pictures she attached to it, which Josh looked over thoroughly.

Billie: I just thought, I know you like to do things on your own, but if you ever need my services as a manager or... something like that, then I'd be more than happy to help.

Josh: Wow, there's definitely some good stuff on here. I'll have a good look at this during the week and get back to you before the 6 man tag next week.

Josh took off the pictures and kept them in his pocket for 'safekeeping' as he then went to his locker room, while Billie was slightly blushing. She knew that basically everyone she had offered her CV to had turned her down, and Josh was actually the first one who accepted it. Of all people, the man she had a bit of a thing for. She turned around with the biggest smile on her face and headed back to her locker room.

One week later, the Smackdown before Elimination Chamber...

Josh was in his locker room, waiting for Billie. He had texted her earlier in the day, asking her to meet with him before the show to discuss her proposal. After a few minutes, there was a knock at the door and when it opened, Billie was there, all done up for the night in her boots, leather pants and Josh's Lone Warrior vest, hidden behind her zipped up jacket.

Billie: Hey, I got your text.

Josh: Good, I'm glad you did.

She closed the door behind her and locked it, as she didn't want anyone to disturb them.

Josh: I thought about your offer, and gave it some thought. So, how'd you like to be my manager?

Billie: You mean, just for tonight?

Josh: For as long as you want, if you're interested in that.

She couldn't believe it. Overcome with emotion, she jumped into Josh's arms and kissed him, and without thinking, Josh kissed her back for a good minute before he pulled away to put her down.