Chapter One: The Very Beginning

"My thoughts were Destroying me. I tried not to think but the silence was a killer too"- David Jones.

     Oftentimes I found myself thinking about this poem, it seemed to speak to me. Little in life had I ever had much of a mentor, so I chose writing instead. Lots of books and poems spoke to me, in gentle whispers. However this particular line in a poem by David Jones seemed to fulfill me more. In full honesty, I've always been quite the thinker, never the speaker. Keeping to myself with a book in a quiet corner seemed much kinder of a thought than socializing with those my age.

       Even as a young child I had been this way, the kind and quiet type. Most people found me odd, the quiet kid even. Nothing wrong with those titles at all until they're coming from a bunch of middle schoolers.

       Starting off a story properly takes a bit of thinking, lots and lots of consideration and tweaking until it's just right. After opening my own library I had learned this however it has sadly closed. But in my favorite stories I can picture the main character, so as this is my story, I will set the scene.

       I walked into the bakery and my bangs got brushed into my face by the breeze. As the smell of espresso and pastry engulf my senses I become aware of something new, a man. In my little bakery we very rarely have newcomers, and this man looked especially interesting. The man held a steaming latte and a pen. He seemed to be writing something in a notebook, an inspector. With this realization I made my way to the back hastily, there's no time for messing up.

      Last time an inspector came we had a massive incident and since then the shop has been rocky. As the door labeled with the words "EMPLOYEES ONLY" swung open I was met with a rush. My close friends run around trying to prepare orders, cooking with vigor. I quickly met their pace and began to stir the alfredo sauce for table 6. Later I learned that there was little to worry about, the man was heavily impressed 

         One of my best employees named Sam ran up to me "WE'RE OUT OF RED ROOTS". Oh no that's absolutely horrible news in full honesty, red roots are only sourced from the Nether and a man named Hugo usually would go and get them but he was on vacation with his family in America. So, that leaves me, the owner. There are many things in life I would rather do than make this journey but alas there's no choice.

And with learning that I would have to make the trip I began the walk home. Watching the birds and bees flutter around the spruce trees with their low hanging branches is always a treat. As the bubbling spring rushes past me I swing open my front door, I hang up my coat and rush to gather my things. For the journey I would need a multitude of items:

List of Items Needed:

Full gold armor

Golden apples

Netherite sword

Fire Resistance potions

     Now that I had my things I was ready. Locking my front door I turned to the Nether Portal I had placed near my wheat farm, I was ready. As you might expect I was beyond nervousness, I was terrified. However I had made the journey before and very well could do it again.