Chapter 9: Home

We walked into the path side by side, me slightly behind the bigger man. While I finished his braid he explained to me how he met Phil, I did the same for him. The braid truly did contrast his solemn warrior aesthetic but it was in the best way, I even decorated it with little lilies of the valley and gold rings.

       Techno pushed me by my lower back to get me to walk forward as I had spaced out. The sound of the wind filled my ears as soft flakes of snow fell to the ground. I shivered as we walked right into the flurries, the piglin noticed and offered me his leather coat. He smiled as he reached over my shoulders and put it on me, I tried to tell him no but he wasn't having it.

     After a freezing cold walk we reached my cabin, as it appeared into our vision an odd look passed onto my counterpart's face. It was hard to read what the man was thinking "hey, Techno are you okay"? He gave me a little half smile as he replied "yeah, yeah I'm fine, just thinking".

      We reached my front porch, I stood on the step up as he took everything in. I was confused further, what was so special about my quaint cottage? This man had seen luxury itself his entire life as a prince and this is what he had to think about. I lightly brushed my fingers against him to ground him, he spoke kindly "it looks so comfortable, like you could farm potatoes here forever. You would never question your happiness here".

      I didn't really know how to react to this other than to invite him inside for dinner. Nervously I said "would you like to come in for dinner, it's truly the least I could do for you". He looked taken aback by my words, had I said something? Breathing out loudly he spoke "please, I would love to".

     I showed him around my little home and began dinner. Seeing as I am a chef and this could very well be the only chance I get to impress him, I went with a classic. Beef roast with lots of potatoes. First I put the broth and beef into the pot to simmer, then I cut the carrots into smaller pieces. I had gotten the carrots from my garden my friend Ted had helped take care of while I was away.

     My friend Ted was my only neighbor for miles and was always helpful. We had a peaceful trade system, I would grow the food and he would raise the animals for meat. 

                                                            (TW BLOOD:not graphic)

      Once I had finished the carrots I began to peel the potatoes. I began quickly, it was getting late and I could tell Techno seemed every so slightly restless. Peeling potatoes had never been my strong suit however in the presence of the baffling man I forgot that and ended up slicing my index finger.

      Gasping quietly so as to not gain attention I turned to the paper towel rack. The only issue is, piglins have incredible hearing and the hybrid is no exception. He rushed over to me "how in the world, never mind that, are you okay"?

        I grimace as I respond "yeah I'm okay, just need to clean it up s'all". He raised his eyes questioning me "are you sure you're okay, I'll help you if you'll show me where your bathroom is". I walked him down the hall to my guest bathroom and showed him the band-aids, cleaner, and wipes. He had me sit on the counter as he cleaned it up, I watched him as he focused.

       He caught my stare as he said "if this hurts tell me, I'll be gentle I promise". I smiled in response, he was far more gentle than one would expect. It didn't hurt really, just was a little sore as he wiped away the blood.

                                                                            (TW over)

          Sadly his time with me had to end after we ate dinner. As I put the plates in the sink he wiped down the counters, once he was done he gave me a quick hug. Putting on his boots and grabbing his bag he prepared to leave "y'know Technoblade, I'm really going to miss you". He snorted "I guess I'll miss you too, if you ever need a hero again you know where I'll be". And with his last remark he left, seemingly for the last time.