Chapter 14:Preparations

As I walked back into the room to get some rest Techno moved slightly onto his side. I worried that I would wake him as I tiptoed past but he snored peacefully regardless. Having gotten quite a bit done I was feeling very ready to go back to bed.

    I slipped quietly into the soft sheets hoping to keep him undisturbed however once I had laid down he grabbed me. Tried as I might to get myself out of his arms knowing he wouldn't do such a thing while awake, I couldn't. So, I slept peacefully with his abnormally large arms around me. Everything about this was comforting in a way I could never describe.

We ended up sleeping for longer than expected, it was around 2pm when we finally woke. It was slightly awkward when I woke up first. Again, I attempted to free myself but he was much stronger than I. Because of this I had to wait for him to wake and deal with the uncomfortable reaction he would have.

After another hour or so his red eyes finally fluttered open slowly. He was hesitant to realize what exactly had happened but once Techno did he released me immediately. As embarrassing as it is to say, I missed it once it was gone. The man let out a little huff and stumbled over his words as he apologized "Good God m' sorry."

We went our separate ways for a while, ever so often I would check up on him to make sure he was alright. However I truthfully didn't have much time once I had gotten up to stick around. Having completely forgotten to take some extra supplies to the restaurant I ran in quickly with them.

Walking in the door I saw Tubbo and Ranboo with Michael in the corner. The sweet family were eating my famous croissants "hey guys, how's your food?" They glanced up quickly, Michael snorted at me and I swear I almost melted. Ranboo had to swallow his bite before he could respond kindly "it's just great, I need the recipe." I smiled brightly at them "well I'm afraid I can't supply but I can get you some extra to go if you like?"

Tubbo's small tail wagged under his chair as he yelled "oh please, we'd absolutely love that." Ranboo looked at him questioningly "but we're not taking them for free." Laughing lightly "oh yes you are, I'll be back with them in a second." 

   I strode into the back and greeted my coworkers, Bill handed me a bag of croissants for the waiting family. "I heard you guys talking, we have tons of extra stuff today, business has been weirdly slow." That's weird, we're almost always busy "well I'm sure it'll be normal soon, do we have any extra stuff I can take home. I have a friend visiting and I'd like to make a little picnic for dinner."

Bill grabbed a huge bag from behind him and handed it to me "you do know it's like 10 now right? We're about to close, a little late for a picnic don't you think?" Truthfully I had no clue it was that late, I thought it was 6 at most. "Well then Bill I reckon I should get going before he falls asleep."

We bid our goodbyes and I started my walk home. I could see mobs in my peripheral vision but I didn't have it in me to care that much. However when I got around the bend to the middle of town I saw Wilbur sitting crocheting with Friend. Will looked up at me smiling "well hi, where're you headed?" Sitting next to him I said "I'm on my way home, it's a lot later than I thought." He grinned at me "can I walk you home? Truthfully I'm doing nothing and I think I left my guitar pick at your house." Seeing as I just couldn't pass up that offer I responded "absolutely you can, but we have to hurry, I've got hot food."

We began walking and he took the bag from me "I simply can't let you carry that all the way, we both know you'll drop it." Now, I couldn't even begin to say he was wrong "you're mean." He laughed softly at me "I am not, I'm honest, now give me the bag."