The Move

I just moved in with dad (Robbie). His black labrador, Sasha has been all over me since I got here.

"I'm going up to my room dad." Its weird saying that since I just moved in, but I'm used to going to my dads every second weekend, so it was kind of my room already but I never used to call it my home. Me and my dad haven't finished unpacking my boxes of stuff yet. We got half way through them when my dad went to make a yummy lunch then called me down stairs to eat it with him, so my new rooms still a mess and looks completely bare. I sit at a white wooden desk which suits my white walls and white wardrobe, The desk got moved into my new room today. My dad got it for me so I can use it for school.

I suppose my dad has been trying really hard to make me feel at home, he knows that I don't really like coming here in the weekends, let alone living here. As I look around at the blank white coloured walls, I decide that I should probably do something to take my mind of the tiring move. I get out a great book which I've been reading, its called Fallen. The first book in the series. Its got so much in it and would take ages to explain but you should read it yourself someday. I start reading.  Time flies and as soon as i know it, it's dark outside.

My dad comes up stairs quietly. He's standing in the doorway behind me, but I don't notice until he speaks...

"Hey, are you hungry, I've got spaghetti and.. "

"Sorry dad, I'm not hungry. Just save me some and I'll eat it later."

He looked dissapointed like he was about to say something that would make me regret what I just said. But he just looked away like he was searching for answers, then he looked back at me and muttered one word.

"Ok."

Then he turns and walks away, back downstairs I suppose. 

Its not that I hate my dad or anything. I know he made that dinner just for me, because Spaghetti and meatballs is my favourite. But I didn't want to go sit downstairs, sit on that big lonely woodden table (which seats 8 people) with just the two of us and not know what to say.

Anyways, I didn't feel like reading anymore so I got up off the blue seat and stretched my arms and my back. I shut my door and turned around to face my bed. I see my phone that I got for my last birthday, as a present from my mum and maybe I should check it to see if I have any texts, someone's bound to have worried about me. But no, there were no texts.

Facebook, I miss the internet already. Normally when I come to dads I go out with my friends a lot and I go on the internet at Mc Donalds when I can, but it's too late for that now. Speaking of the time, I look at my phone, it's 7:59pm.

I lie down on my new bed, its kind of stupid how you miss all the really little things that you don't think you would miss if you had to leave everything behind in a fire or something. I missed my Duvet, I have it but its not unpacked yet and I didn't feel like making a bed.

I'm really looking forward to going back to school, at least that hasn't changed. Mum took me away on some stupid holiday for the last two weeks. We stayed in a hotel and they dragged me around like I'm still my mums little girl, doing things that they wanted to do (that I didn't), so that I could spend quality time with her and her new husband Ian. So I haven't seen my friends since the holidays started.

Suddenly, my phone rings.

I look to see who's calling, Caleb. Finally, Something to put me in a good mood.

I get butterflies in my stomach as I answer my pink and silver hello kitty cell phone, which is playing my favourite ringtone. "Hello,"

"Hey, how's my favourite girl?"

We talk for hours, until my dad knocks on my door and walks in before I can reply (I get alittle annoyed at this and wonder what he wants). "Time for bed," He says in a tone that just irritates me.

"Bed, already. But its only 10 0 clock?"

"Yup, I'm sorry bub but you've got school in the morning, so lights out."

"Fine, well can you go now. I'll get ready for bed."

"Night." He walks out and closes my door.

I hear him walk downstairs so I say goodbye to Caleb then I get dressed into my pj's and brush my teeth and then hop into bed.

I cant wait for tomorrow.