𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭:  𝟐.𝟐𝐤

﹕ ♡ ﹕

My jeweled eyes followed the hurried bodies of men and women, young and old, rushing around to finish preparing for the upcoming ceremony. The people of Tìrvitae were rarely so stressed and frazzled, but they had good reason to be.

In just one day, important families from all over the world would gather in our small country.

At first, my big "use Athy to my advantage" idea didn't really have a sail to go off of. But that was until I'd heard some really exciting news!! Through snooping.. But I got my news, nontheless!

"The Crown Princess of the Obelian Empire wishes to continue the centuries-long ritual tradition" Is what would be at the head of newspapers all over Tirvitae.. if we had a daily paper. Ehem. Instead, we just gathered to listen to my Grandfather preach every morning.. How do you make a newspaper seem less boring?!

Regardless, it looked like Athanasia was gonna take up Jennette's original role of coming to Tirvitae to be blessed by my Grandfather. Which was great news for me!

Tìrvitae was small, but a very special place. It's considered the "Holy Land", where all life stemmed from, thanks to the Sacred World Tree. The people here are considered the most welcoming and pure, Holy Children, chosen by God, to be born here and serve the World Tree, the source of all life.

...hah, welcoming and pure.. What a joke. The people here are just as nasty as anywhere else. If anything, being born here gives most people a gross sense of entitlement, and they look down upon outsiders, calling them "unclean".

I guess that's part of why they treat me so differently, too. In comparison to her..

Nehelenia.

My eyes followed her. An angelic looking girl, a bit older than me, who was smiling and laughing as she helped hang a garland. 

In the past, I always thought I wasn't a good person

In the past, I always thought I wasn't a good person. That everyone disliked me because I wasn't as good as my older cousin, who was kind, graceful and intelligent.