𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐤𝐞.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭:  𝟑.𝟐𝐤
𝐓𝐖:  𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓

﹕♡﹕

Staring up at the ceiling, a low groan bellowed from my throat. This was all bullshit.

Despite what I had decided on my first day in Obelia.. I haven't been able to find Athy anywhere. It's pretty easy to sneak around the Ruby Palace maids, since they don't give a crap about keeping an eye on things anyways, so you'd think it'd be easy.

But it hadn't been at all!!

Though the Ruby Palace maids were pretty lax, the rest of the Imperial staff weren't.. Which made sense, I guess. If you're going to protect and serve the Imperial Family, you should be either smart or strong. But that made things horrible for me!

Every time I'd try to sneak around the Emerald Palace, the imperial gardens, even the libraries, I was booted out and 'kindly' escorted back to the Ruby Palace, and I'd always get an earful from that stupid Head Maid.

They didn't seem to mind as much when I'd simply ask about my Sister's wereabouts, but still told me to stay where I was supposed to and not cause mischeif. I hadn't even done anything yet besides look around, tch..

Well, whatever. It doesn't matter anyways, because no matter where I looked, I couldn't find a trace of Athy, or even that nasty Emperor.

So here I was, staring at the ceiling, letting my bed swallow me whole while I wallowed in dispair.

Suddenly, there were a few brazen knocks on my door

Suddenly, there were a few brazen knocks on my door. Without even letting me respond, though, my supposed 'Nanny' walked in, looking as cross as ever.

"Princess, it is time for Lunch. Make your way to the dining hall." She said with a stern attitude, addressing me more like a drill sargent than a servant to her master, before making her way down the hall without another word.

I blew some hair out of my face, sitting up. This was pretty normal.. Though I didn't get escorted or assisted with anything, they at least always fed me, and they didn't beat me. I could handle their cold gazes and rude remarks - it was still better than Tirvitae.

"I might as well eat.." I mumbled, feeling my stomach start to growl.

I made my way to the dining hall, climbing atop my usual chair and waited for whatever cold food they were gonna serve me today. If you were wondering, I prefer the chair in the middle of the back, so I can see out the pretty window. Hehe!

While I waited, I decided to listen into a conversation between some maids. To be honest, it's one of my favorite passtimes these days - there isn't a lot to do around here, so I like to listen to the gossip of the maids. It's more entertaining than you'd think..!

Straining my ears, I could hear the hushed giggles and voices of a few younger maids around the corner. I knew that if I got up, I'd be yelled at (for both getting up and eavsedropping), so I tried my best to stay where I was.