1

---

"Are you with Tan?"

Kim Minji blinked at her words, "Hello Rachel, I'm fine. How are you?"

"Are you with Tan?" Yoo Rachel repeated her words—her voice cold and void of emotion. It doesn't really bother Minji, who is used to Rachel's attitude and way of speaking. They've known each other since they were young, and Rachel has always been the same: mature and cold.

"No, why?"

Minji said no even though they're currently in their house together. "He's not answering my calls,"

"Don't worry, your calls are not the only one he's ignoring,"

She joked, knowing very well that Tan does not like to answer any important calls, even if it's his own mother or father. "Why, what's going on?"

"I'm here in the US,"

"What!?" Minji yelled in shock as she dropped the pen in her hand at the revelation. However, Minji has already expected this since her engagement anniversary with her brother is just a few days.

Although the marriage between Yoo Rachel and Kim Tan is for business opportunities, Rachel does not treat it as such since the female actually harbored non-platonic feelings for Minji's brother.

"Where are you?"

"In a hotel,"

"Why didn't you tell me beforehand, I should've picked you up at the airport. Where are you staying?"

Rachel spoke, "At the Bilt Hotel," Minji hummed in acknowledgment, "I'll visit you, it's been so long since we last saw each other,"

"Bring your brother with you,"

That was Rachel's last words before she ended the call with Minji. She chuckled at this, already imagining what her brother would do at the news.

Minji fixed her stuff— closing all the books and notebooks before standing up and leaving the room to look for her brother, Kim Tan. She first went to his room but he wasn't there, which led her to the stairs, ready to go.

At first, she thought that Tan would visit Rachel willingly till she noticed his attire. An outfit that does not fit the occasion.

"Happy anniversary, Rachel is here in the US. Are you going to visit your fiance?"

"Do you want to go with us to the beach?"

Minji frowned, "Are you serious?" Tan shrugged, "Yeah,"

She shook her head before going out of the house, "At least I tried," She told to herself. "Enjoy your day at the beach," Minji said to Tan before she left his hearing range.

Minji approached the black Porsche car in front of the house.

---

"Do you want some?"

Minji offered to the stranger who stayed over at their house.

It was late at night, Minji was finishing up her notes for her class when she heard an unknown voice echoing around the house. And what confused her was that they were speaking in Korean.

Minji thought it was Rachel, but she was just with her earlier and she doubts she'll visit their house late at night. Plus, the voice doesn't really match Rachel's.

So, out of curiosity, Minji went out to see who it was and she found her brother arguing with an unfamiliar Korean woman.

At the sight, Minji sighed and left the two without saying a word—too tired to say anything as she headed back to her bedroom, and she made sure to lock her door.