5

---

"You're at school already?"

Minji questioned the person on the other side of her phone, "Yeah, where are you?" Lee Bona questioned the girl as Minji turned to her side, observing the scenery outside. "I'm almost there, I'll see you in 10 minutes, bye,"

"Lee Bona requested to have your lockers beside each other," The person beside Minji spoke up. As this would be her first day back to school in Korea, her mother rode with her to Jeguk High School. "That sounds like something she would do,"

Just as she said, Minji arrived at the school drop-off in 10 minutes. Parting ways with her mother, Minji headed to the school building entrance, and the first thing she noticed was the big crowd. Too curious for her own good, Minji neared the crowd and squeezed in—apologizing as she got nearer.

Once she got in the front, her gaze immediately landed on her brother, who was having a staring contest with another student. Following his line of sight, she quickly understood the reason for the crowd and their whispers.

There stood Choi Youngdo, his hands shoved in his pants pockets, glaring directly at Kim Tan. The former best friends stood in silence and Minji couldn't help but take this as an opportunity to study the heir of Zeus Hotel.

The first thing she noticed was his height. He has always been tall even when they were young, so it makes sense that he would be much taller. The next thing she knew, she was studying his face—her eyes tracing his features carefully from the arch of his eyebrows to the curve of his mouth as he smirked.

She was too occupied in his face that she failed to notice Yoo Rachel joining the scene. Her attention moved to the heiress of RS International before forcing her eyes to look away, not wanting to see her face after the incident back in America.

Then, she caught sight of Lee Bona who, like the others, was intently watching the drama going on between Choi Youngdo and Kim Tan.

Minji ignored the conversation garnering everyone's attention as she moved from her spot, getting through the crowd to the other side to reach Bona without having to cross in the middle. She didn't want to get involved between the two, knowing very well how worse their relationship had gotten.

Plus, she didn't want to have any interaction with Youngdo early in the day. Similar to her half-brother, Minji's relationship with Youngdo went downhill to the point where the only solution she could think of was to break up with him and leave Korea. She doesn't know what to do or to say to him if they were ever to interact, but for now, Minji would try to stay out of his sight.

"See you again then,"

With those words, Minji quickly hid behind someone to not get his attention. "I have to go too," She heard Jo Myungsoo follow him, and once she was certain that they were gone, she approached Bona with no difficulty.

"That's why he's evil, he torments kids with that handsome face,"

Minji chuckled at the remark of her best friend.

"How do you know him?"

"He was my first boyfriend, he's a jerk,"

"Really? You went out with Kim Tan? I can't believe everything that's happening today,"

Minji approached the pair, "I forgot how much you hate my brother," Lee Bona turned to the voice, immediately recognizing it as she ran to her side. "Have you been here all this time?"

Bona asked Minji worriedly, and she was sure of the reason why she was asking. She glanced at the spot where he stood earlier. "I asked Tan to not do anything rash, but he just won't listen," Minji nodded as she chuckled.