2

---

In the early stages of her life, she and her brother were introduced to the public as twins, but behind closed doors, they were far from it.

Her father, Kim Namyoon, is the Chairman of Jeguk Group. He has three children, Kim Won with his first wife, Kim Minji with his second wife, and Kim Tan with his mistress.

Kim Minji's mother, Jeong Jisuk, caught her husband and his mistress lying on his bed. She thought she solved everything when she separated the two, but the woman fell pregnant—a few weeks after, Jisuk found out she was pregnant too.

Jisuk hoped day and night that the woman's pregnancy would fail. Call her an evil woman, but she's driven by a lust for power. She knows that if the mistress's pregnancy went well, she'll be giving the Chairman his second child, not Jisuk.

And she was right, Kim Tan was born a few weeks earlier than Jeong Ji-suk's child; his very existence is a threat to Kim Nam-yoon's legitimate children.

The second wife wanted the Chairman to cast away the child, but the moment she witnessed him hold his second son, she knew that her child wouldn't be getting the attention they should get from their father.

But no matter how much the Chairman cared for his newborn son, he could not risk celebrating his birth outside of his home, because everyone knows that his second wife has still not gone into labor, and Tan's identity of being illegitimate would be revealed.

So, he waited.

Kim Namyoon waited for his second wife to give birth. And he didn't have to wait too long. Jeong Jisuk gave birth to a girl, Kim Minji, the Chairman's third child and only daughter.

Hope rose within Jisuk when she realized how much her husband dotes on their daughter. But it soon tumbled down when he introduced their daughter to the public as a twin of Kim Tan.

Kim Tan and Kim Minji were raised as twins and they acted like one. Jeong Jisuk hates that her daughter calls Tan her brother, and she hates how her daughter seems to care for her 'twin' brother.

Years passed by, and Kim Namyoon's family is still a mess.

Kim Won distanced himself from his siblings, only tolerating his half-sister and ignoring his half-brother. He was only a child when he got a new mother, a new brother, and a new sister, and that was too much for a child to handle—so he matured.

Even now, Kim Won stares at his half-brother with resentment present in his eyes, but Kim Tan is used to it. He knew what he was walking into when he arrived at the party without his brother knowing about him coming.

He endured the harsh words his brother kept spouting, the icy gaze placed on him making him stare at the ground. In the end, Kim Won left him alone, putting him in his rightful place. There was no sweet reunion between them, Won dislikes him too much to be concerned about his well-being in America.

Minji was aware when her brother surprisingly arrived at the area, she watched in concern when Won approached him. She was about to join her siblings, but because of the people at her table, she couldn't leave without offending them.

Kim Won went back to the party which Minji immediately noticed. This time, she was able to leave the grip of all the women who were too interested to set her up with their sons rather than talking about the business that they were there for.

Thankfully, the sibling duo was too far for the rest of the party to hear them, they won't be able to understand and hear the anger in their voice.

"Where is Tan?" Minji looked for him, finding it rather worrying that her brother came back but her 'twin' didn't. "Did you know he was coming?" Won ignored her question and asked his own.